sub and rear speakers make strange noise

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MthaFuknGreen

Green on the scene.
whenever the volume is all the way down and i roll the window up or down, my sub and rear speakers make a strange noise, but only on the driver side because thats the side i have the audio running down.
power is on the passenger side.

i installed an amp and have that running to another amp inside of a box with a 12 in it.
i had the rear speakers hooked up to the amp so i could add two more mids and a pair of tweeters in each door.

but for some reason the rear speakers just stopped working the other day, and i was too lazy to find out why so i just put some small floor speakers in the back hooked up to the amp.

upin360264.jpg

lol:cool:

any idea why its making the noise when rolling up my window?
btw i have power windows.

Sounds like a grounding problem at the amp. But Im not sure that Im understanding the problem completely.

both amps are grounded very well.
i have them bolted to the frame with a washer on top of them.

theres no distortion whatsoever, except when i roll the window up or down, and thats only if the volume is all the way down.
if i turn it to 1, then the sound gets quieter(and it doesnt just seem like it cuz the music is on) and at about 3 or 4 it disappears.
im assuming its some kind of electrical disturbance, but it doesnt do it in the any of the door speakers..

i think it might be because of the gauge of the wire running from the head to the amp, maybe when the volume is all the way down, its trying to pick up a signal thats not there so it picks up sound from the window?
and then when the volume is up a little more its not starving for a frequency as much?

You should still have a grounding wire on the amp. Is that wire sufficient enough for the amp? You shouldnt need very big wires runnin from the head to the amp, but youll need to be a lil more careful with your wire selection from the amp to the speakers.

the sub has an amp built in the box.
thats how i bought it.
and i have both amps grounded.

i just sanded down the spot where its connected a little better.. but i forgot to check if that helped. lol

Lol, well Im just speakin from personal experience. Ive never seen an amp without a ground wire.

me neither.
i dont know why you keep talking about the ground wire not being there, cuz it is! lol

turns out me sanding the paint off fixed it :]
i think it still makes a little noise, but its not louder then the window itself.

it sounds like what you said a poor ground, but at the same time, it could be interference from your window motor, id just go through all the wiring, maybe relocate how yuo have it wired up if you have your power and rca going up the same side, i know thats usually a bad thing and can cause interference

i have the audio on the drivers side, power on the passenger side.
grounded by a bolt to the frame with washers between the two connections.

Back