Sub/rears/front/tweets

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Vindowviper

I have a 97' Civic Hatch CX. I hve a sub in, but its been cracked and I am looking to getting some other speakers in the front and rear. I only have cruddy ones in the front and dont have anything in the back. Any clue what is a good brand to get, but also keep I m trying to keep it sorta cheap?

You're wanting cheap? I've put the El Cheapo Pyle Redline 5 1/4'' in those cars because the magnet fits and they are about $25...

dude go with the JBL components- WAY less money than the MB quartz and imo, they sound and work damn good- I've always been impressed with JBL products and if you go to etronics.com you can def. find a nice set for around 100 bucks shipped that will sound excellent

infinity reference components in the front, they are indestructabe

Alpine Type R --- for the rear----- great bass for a 6 1/2" will nicely balence the highs of the infinity

Originally posted by Teufel@Nov 17 2003, 06:10 PM
$250 bucks for MB Quartz 6.5 w/ tweeter and crossover component set.

6.5's usually don't fit in Honda's.

THey can, only if they are thin, and the higher quality componet sets are deeper from my understanding.

I had a set of Audiobahn components, and they didn't fit :(

So I jjust went with a set of Kicker K525's, and they sound awesome and only paid like 45 bucks for them.

Infinity Kappa Perfect's on the other hand are like crystal clear and won't distort if they are amplified the least bit. I've heard a dozen sets and am set on buyin a set for my next speakers.

boston rm9 rear and boston rm6 fronts is all you need.......excellent setup...

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Nov 17 2003, 11:57 PM

Infinity Kappa Perfect's on the other hand are like crystal clear and won't distort if they are amplified the least bit. I've heard a dozen sets and am set on buyin a set for my next speakers.

i knew the fererence series wernt right

i had the kappa perfects in my SE-R and had 50watts on top of the deck running to them (so clear and so loud i literally got headaches when i was bumping)

rockford fosgate fanatic p's 6.5" compnent set...i got 'em from best buy for $100 and paid an xtra- $40 for a 4 year warranty so i can return them no questions asked for a new set whenever i want...they sound great, only thing is you have to cut out the back of the speaker brakets so that the magnet can fit.

for my fronts im runnin rockford fanatic q 6.5's and in the rear im runnin rockford audiophile 5.25's. im actually thinkin about unhooking the rears, cuz if youre looking for true sound reproduction, you shouldnt use rears. but im just using them for a little rear fill. ive also crossed the highs out, and im only using the mids, no tweets in the rear.

Back