Subaru vs Civic

Should I get a 2002-03 2.5 RS or a 2000 SI?

• yes for 2000

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
Pros of 2.5RS: AWD, 5 sp, 160 hp 160 ft lb tq & four doors. Easily modifyable with STi parts. Relatively cheap on insurance.

Cons: it's not the real model I want, I'd have to drive far to get one (unless my dad's friends can pull one out) It's not quite as fast as some cars in it's price range.

Pros of 2000 SI: Nice ass car, cheap (hp per dollar), extremely reliable, and relatively quick.

Cons: More expensive on insurance than the Subey (2 door sport coupe). It's used & my brother already owned a red 00 SI so I feel like I'm almost copying him.

not to knock the sti's or anything cause they are bad ass cars and they will eat damn near anything off the line but just imagine what you could do to one with a boosted b16, i mean they run at 19 psi right??? go with the si. Nice car Nice wheels from the factory and you dont have to worry about swapping, you already got the B Yo!

a voted for the Subaru RS. its different and they are sweet as hell looking IMO. besides every asshole has a Honda...no offense everyone

hmmm...lets say you buy the subaru, then one saturday night your with your g/f, stopped at a light and next to you is some guy revving his nicely modified '00 SI....

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Sep 25 2003, 03:17 AM
hmmm...lets say you buy the subaru, then one saturday night your with your g/f, stopped at a light and next to you is some guy revving his nicely modified '00 SI....

Don't have a girlfriend. Keep in mind i'm a 6' 130 lb skinny fucker who is too much of a pansy to ask a girl out. Plus I work all week. *bullshit excuse*

I want the Subey cause it's safer in the winters IMO.

and there aren't too many nicely modified 00 SIs around. if there was, I'd have raced him in my Spec V already. :lol:

I voted for the scooby man. I would much rather see you get a WRX, but everyone has a civic SI these days, and i'm quite sick of them. Be different and get the scooby. :thumbups:

can you post pics? im curious which bodystyle it is.

00 Civic Si. Only if it's in Electron Blue.
The sube isn't turbo, is it??? Don't know too much about Subaru...

The 2.5RS looks like that WITHOUT the gold rims and the hood scoop. The black one was a 5 sp, the blue one i saw was an auto.

s3f7260148b2a2.jpg

2.5RS

EJ25 2.5L Flat four SOHC 4 sp auto or 5 sp manual, 160 hp 160 tq no turbo

WRX

EJ20 2.0L flat four DOHC 5 sp manual, 227 hp 217 tq turbo at 14.2 psi

WRX STi

EJ25 2.5L flat four DOHC 6 sp manual, 300 hp 300 tq, turbo at 14.7 psi

Edit: the SI is black.

Get the Subee. It's WAY more refined than the Civic ever will be, and once you go AWD, you'll NEVER go back to FWD. That, and every ricer and his crackwhore mom has a '99- '00 Si. 160 HP is great, but with only 111 ft lbs. of torque, it's pretty much useless. Eff those cars. Get the Subaru and never look back.

i say scoobie, but you could probably find a used wrx for the price of a new rs

if this is the si you posted in the other thread for 15,xxx, stay far away. its worth 11.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 25 2003, 07:22 AM
if this is the si you posted in the other thread for 15,xxx, stay far away. its worth 11.

It is the same Civic. Thanks. :p

Jeebus, $15K for a B16 Civic? You sure as hell know which way I voted. :D

As Loco said, once you go AWD, you'll never go back. OK, so you line up against a turboed Civic SI. Once the light goes green, you'll be three cars lengths ahead and ready to shift while he's still spinning his tires in first.

get a celica alltrac like loco has. those are great cars

get a used wrx or a used 2.5RS so you have some money left over
I don't think it's worth buying a new car untill you have the money to afford it. plus most of the time you end up voiding your warranty if you mod it at all so you might as well buy somehting that doesn't have a warranty and save cash

uummm, either way go with the scoobie

BTW: I feel like a retard for not knowing why they are called scoobies
I'm going to google this shiznit for a couple minutes and figure it out

Back