Sube project

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

not at all
we did a subaru clutch job in about 2 hours?
started after 10pm and got done around 12
has to be one of the easiest motors ever

What year subaru? I helped out on a turbo & injector swap on a late model wrx, and it was a royal pain in the ass. Most inconvenient layout of BS ever. What would have taken 20 minutes on a turbo honda or DSM took hours.

it was a mid 90's non turbo sedan
i think a legacy?
then my friend pissed on the windshield to defrost the window and it all ran into the wiper cowl and stunk the car up (worse)

not at all
we did a subaru clutch job in about 2 hours?
started after 10pm and got done around 12
has to be one of the easiest motors ever
it takes 2 hours to change the spark plugs. those things are a pain in the ass.

it takes 2 hours to change the spark plugs. those things are a pain in the ass.

2 hours for 4 plugs ??? WTF

Good luck on your project Turboauto. I have always been a fan of Subies. Not not in the budget these days .

Hows the lil one. Your wife most love ya. Just had a baby and can build another car so soon. Hats off to ya . :thumbsup:

The car I'm sending off, she is not liking my hobbies right now :lol: I havent been able to work on anything really. She takes the night shift so I can sleep to get up at 5. Then I get home around 4 and take over from there. I have a LOT of different hobbies and all are collecting dust.

I REALLY don't want to sell my Honda. The car is fucking clean as hell and I want to see the turbo project thru. I just dont think I'll have the time to do anything with it. I may just keep it though since I have everything, I can work on it a lil here or there.

What year subaru? I helped out on a turbo & injector swap on a late model wrx, and it was a royal pain in the ass. Most inconvenient layout of BS ever. What would have taken 20 minutes on a turbo honda or DSM took hours.

You had to deal with the gbod (green brackets of death) then which made the swap more difficult. Also to get to the fuel system, you have to drain the radiator fluid reservoir, and pull the intake manifold which is the most inconvenient part - actually getting to the injectors to do the swap. As for the turbo swap, mine didn't take me that long, but its longer than other swaps because you have to pull the downpipe and mess with the uppipe. If you do an entire engine swap, its not bad.

Spark plugs do not take 2hours if you know what you're doing, but they do take a good hour and bloody hands unless you're very careful.

2 hours for 4 plugs ??? WTF

Good luck on your project Turboauto. I have always been a fan of Subies. Not not in the budget these days .

Hows the lil one. Your wife most love ya. Just had a baby and can build another car so soon. Hats off to ya . :thumbsup:

The engine is a horizontal 4 and the spark plugs/coil packs line up pretty much perfectly with the inside of the fender which makes it very cramped to get to the plugs. You have to have a bunch of different tools to do the plugs and pull the windshield wiper fluid reservoir and move the battery.

The project is about to come full circle! There was a slight delay in the drop-of date but its set to be dropped off on the 27th of this month. I've been cleaning it up a lil here or there when I get a chance, I'm hoping to be able to drive it right away after all the wiring BS is done :)

I'll get some pics up sooner or later :lol:

wrx.jpg

wrx1.jpg

wrxexhaust.jpg

Yeah, spark plugs = bloody knuckles. 3 came out no problem, but one decided it was going wreck my day and took us 1.5 hours to get out. Subaru motors do actually have some interesting engineering to the packaging. You can do the drop-the-subframe-and motor thing. But from what I've heard, the wiring is a pain in the ass.

Back