Subframe interchangeability

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Danno

Hi all,

I have heard, but I cannot confirm, that a DC2 subframe will bolt into an ED/EF chassis. Does anyone know for sure? I have searched and come up empty.

Which subframe are you talking about? The front? In that case, no; they're different shape/location. DC stuff interchanges with EG though.

No, those aren't interchangeable. Even the DA doesn't fit(slightly different, but closes to EF).

Damn. I'm trying to figure out a way to quicken the steering in this pig. Manual rack, fat sticky tires, a small personal steering wheel, and B series, make steering this thing through a tight auto cross course a real workout.

I know all about the Quaife kit. 2 issues. It doesn't make the steering much quicker, and steering effort will increase further. I am seriously thinking that either a custom rack and pinion is in order, or I'll use a hydro-electric power steering pump out of an MR2, with a power steering rack and a steering quickener.

The HF rack is the same as the DX. Si is slightly different in that it has a variable ratio(but same lock-to-lock). The Quaife kit only works with DX and HF/Std racks.

Back