Subs cutting out?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

92civicb18b1

The Trisexual
This isn't in my car, but I'm tryin to help my friend out.

The subs keep cutting out for some reason. I personally think it's the amp. I helped with the install and everything is installed correctly BESIDES the remote wire which is connected to the ACC. wire instead.

I'm pretty sure it's a Pioneer DEH-4900
Sony 1000W 2 Channel amp - I bridged it
(2) Dual 10"'s in a bandpass box
Scosche 500k Micro Farad Capacitor

What would cause this cutting out?

I guess I could de-bridge it and see if that solves it.

Faulty amp maybe?

I didn't wire the box, but I didn't check for loose connections either.

Suggestions?

You probably have the subs wired wrong. If that's the case the amp protection will kick in and turn off the amp to prevent from damage.

2DVC_4-ohm_2ch.jpg

2DVC_4-ohm_mono.jpg

Well the amp doesn't cut off, that's what I don't understand, in MY old system any type of overload would trip the safety, no fuses pop eihter.

I'll definitely check the wiring though.

Thanks

Try to wire it for a higher resistance. I've had this happen with Jensen, MTX, and Alpine amp. Everytime, it was because the subwoofer(s) were wired for low impedance and it was over-working the amp. The Jensen and Alpine would stay on, but still cut, while the light on the MTX would go out and come on.

I had a cut out issue with my old MTX i checked everything and in the end it was the fuse holder itself. The fuse would wiggle in the holder and cut out.

thats why i hate some of the those amps. Cheap crap like that. Not a big fan of their new stuff. I had a 1500dx('98 i think) from back in the day and ohhh man that was a beast. There new stuff is pretty weak. Rockford amps run pretty hot alot but they are underated as far as power goes. Sony to me is just a joke. Yes they work......so does Jensen but they just dont deliver the quality sound i like.

have you tried removing the cap? Dont need it anyways

answering ur problem

bro i had the same issue u might wanna check ur ground wires make sure u bolt them down good check ur ground on the battery 2 make sure that cap can send the power back to the batter i didn't tighten my negitive side enough and it killed my battery make sure its on there good and the wires are on there even better also if ur running 2 1200w amps u should not be using that 500k cap idk if u know but ur over powering that cap by about 1900w the rest is being pulled from the battery so maybe ur battery doesn't have enough to power it not to meantion that 500k cap is only meant for 500w 1 farad to 1000w get what i'm saying u'd need a 2.5 farad cap to power ur shit with no problems u could be cooking ur electronics right now over powering that i had 880w on that cap and it toasted my last battery then i found out u can run 80w over cause i have a 580w amp but anything over 100w and u could be cooking ur electronics i just hooked mine back up today cause my lights were dimming when the big bass drops hit so i'm gonna see if this kills this battery again and if it does i'm getting a better one personally bro i'd go buy a rockford or power aqustics one online u can get a cheap 2.5 farad cap online at a bunch of places if u look around enough amazon usually has some good deals but thoose could be ur issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back