sudden acceleration

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rexaddict

turbo ex
I am having and interesting occurence with my recently purchased 91 ef with a b16 swap in it. I will do my best to explain. So i will be driving along, say up a hill, with my foot at about half throttle and it feels like there isnt any power to go faster but then at random rpm's it will go from no power to accelerating pretty quickly. Also when i am just driving around town or somthing and i get on the throttle i will accelerate but very poorly. Vtec does kick in but it just feels like it has no balls but at other times i will hammer on it and it fricken goes. It does this at all speeds and in all gears. Any ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. If i didnt put down enough info for ya'll to identify this problem then just let me know and i will tell ya or get the info. Thanks again civic with gt3's 002.JPG

The ac was removed in the swap. The throttle cable is working good but i will check the blade in the throttle body. It does the same thing at full throttle though. i will go check it real quick and be back to let you know. oh and blanco how is the book coming

Ok i checked the blade and it rotates smoothly with the gas pedal.

that's how my D16A6 was acting when the distributor began to let go. the tach stopped working shortly before the car refused to start. might want to grab a known good distributor and pop it on there to see if that's your problem.

its probably ur tps cus ur tps sends a signal to ur ecu telling it where u throttel is and when it gose bad in a spot it will fell like a dead spot but when u go past the dead spot ull have a sudden burst of power but i had the same problem with my crx and thats what it was and check ur ecu to see if u have any codes

Back