Sufikation's 92 HB Project

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sufikation

I bought this caged 92 hatch shell from a buddy for $350, it clearly needs some work but im ok with that. Looks like it will give me something to do this winter...and spring, summer...most likely fall too. I have been looking for an actual project and im glad i found one. It has most of the interior/exterior pieces to put it back together when i get that far and the body is actually pretty straight. Anyways heres a few pics of it, ill add updates as they come.

Attachments

• 92hb1.jpg
    92hb1.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 146
  • 92hb3.jpg
    92hb3.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 92hb10.jpg
    92hb10.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 110
  • 92hb7.jpg
    92hb7.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 104
  • 92hb9.jpg
    92hb9.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 120
As far as the cage goes im going to cut out part of the front section that goes over the top and down past the dash. Motor will be either a b18 or h22, but that will be much later down the road. My main goal is to piece it back together and while its "naked" get things how i want them.

since its fully caged i'd make a track car only out of it... dont worry about smog/tags.. tow that shit to the track.

The front bars on the cage run through the dash, it drives me nuts. I am for sure going to remove or modify that part of the cage. And then that will leave me needing to get another dash or build one...like i said, a million thoughts going throught my brain.

turbo ls/vtec anyone???
I think a ls/vtec will be my best bet money wise. Im not going to use credit cards to put myself into debt with this so it will be a slow build, im ok with taking my time and doing it right.

I'd keep the cage and not worry about cutting it. If you track it after you cut the cage it might not meet some of the requirements.

Yes the cage is nicely built, it just drives me nuts the way the front bars cut through the dash. Im going to have to either build a custom dash or remove part of the cage to add a new one. I just get all a.d.d. thinking about the way the dash looks now, all torn apart on the sides. So im pretty sure im going to shoot for a drag or auto-x type build, ive got to do some research to see if we even have a auto-x scene around here.

auto-x would be awesome, then you could maybe drag it sometimes too :thumbsup:
I have a buddy building a 95 coupe for auto-x, and the idea of doing some drags on the side sounds good to me. But also i want to be able to take it out on a summer drive here and there...oh the choices.

if you remove the front of the cage your going to lose the integrity of the cage
I dont think so, i just want to take out the over head and front piece. I would leave the side braces and everything in the back. I still have not finalized on this choice though, only time will tell.

Back