Suggestions For A 91 Si Hatch

which should i do?

• GSR?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Othe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dyno120

:ph34r: Just got a 91 hatch and has either a blown head gasket or....something. Dont want to spend the money fixing an old motor so i want to swap it. I was told so far to swap with a ZC, GSR or with a newer (2000) civic Si motor. Do any of you guys have a suggestions and maybe know someone that did a swap that they could recommend. Plus a price ranges for your suggestions that would help. So far i was given guesstimations of 1000 for another 91 Si motor to 3000 for the GSR installed. Suggestions please. Thanks

3000 for a gsr engine installed? Thats a damn good deal i would jump all over that.

But if that falls through i would just throw the b16 in instead.

b16a jdm motor is worth the money and work your way up. your car has a cable tranny. 2000 civic si motor.. well the motor will fit. but your going to need a cable tranny.

Originally posted by ventolin5@Apr 20 2003, 11:57 PM
3000 for a gsr engine installed? Thats a damn good deal i would jump all over that.

But if that falls through i would just throw the b16 in instead.

:withstupid:

first, i didnt vote. too lazy :p

second...the GSR would be a good choice if you are up to the wiring challenge...and i hear it is a real challenge to get it wired into a 4th gen civic (88-91).

third...the B16a1 would be a real good choice because 1) it is the japanese stock engine for your car (the SiR version), and 2) it has tons of aftermarket support. its like the chevy 350 of the import world.

I just did the ZC swap on my civic 91 (4 door) and it does wonders 15.5 on the track and everything in your car fit's on the engine and I mean everything not to say that the B16 (SIR II) would be good :worthy: but it's a lot of money I did my swap for under $900 and I included I new AEM cam gear and MSD 6AL and brother it runs fairly good, if you have the money don't think about it and go for the B16 but if you can't send the cash $$$$$$$$ go for the ZC, and then save up for the big BABY (B16) :thumbsup:

Food for you brain............

well its time to hear from the b18a promoter. I love b18a's, you can never replace the torque it puts out, i got mine in for about 1700, with new axels and oilpan. so far ive beaten : all the 305's ive raced.a few 5.0L's. Type-R, B16a Civic's ( 92+), 2 88-91 civic's with b16a's. and it was running just i/e when i beat all of those. get headers and cams and cam gears, gut it and its a machine. if u love torque and could care less about racing on the freeway, get the b18a. its not as good on the track b/c of lack of vtec at high speeds. but anything in town it will rule on

ummm 140-150??? remember the d16a6 is 108 hb stock. I dont see where he is going to get the extra 32-42 hp with 500 dollers. You must be insane, he can't build it enough with 500 bucks to make it 150 hp when it is 108 stock.

Save up bro and get a b16a sir1. It is the way to go, then when you want to do another b series swap down the road you will allready have mounts etc. And you will allready have the Cable tranny.

Just FYI I have three friends (CRX, CRX and Civic 91 SI) all with broken B18 engines I really don't know byt then again I could be wrong <_< , just go with the B16 (SI-R II) and you'll feel the power that what one of them got (well tuned that is) and all the others are doing to same... B) hey and I still say that for the amount of money the ZC is not a bad Investment :D :D think about it of course after it's on you have to get tunned, tunned and tunned some more and you fell the diference not even close to a B18 but enough to kick some ass B)

i agree wih RENR rebuild and boost but also mini me (sohc v-tec head) that might give you the 140-150 hp (if properly tuned and a good porting job) solblu is describing but not for $500 try $1000 and that is if you do the work yourself.

boost...www.homemadeturbo.com
mini-me...crx.honda-perf.org/articles/z6swap/z6swap.html

hope that helps

Back