1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

suggestions for crx front end repair parts wanted

Discussion in 'Body / Exterior / Interior / Cosmetics' started by freak86, Apr 3, 2009.

1. freak86

freak86 New Member

Need a new hood, one fender, radiator support frame, headlight support, possibly bumper, headlight.
    I'm leaning to getting a carbon fiber hood cuz mine's f'd, and it gives me a reason to upgrade.
    However, I've heard mixed things about aftermarket bumper, fenders, etc...
    Is the whole fitment thing that crazy with aftermarket? Certain brands better than others, or should I just go with OEM?
    I want to use this accident as an excuse to "upgrade" at least the front end, but I'm not going to mess with aftermarket if it's gonna look like crap and not fit right.
    If there is some aftermarket brands that are good, any suggestions of where to buy from would be appreciated.
    I want it to look good. But if OEM is going to look better or be a TON cheaper/easier, then I'll go OEM.
    Please don't bash me. I've never done exterior work of this extent, so I know I'm a noob in this respect. I will be taking it to a body shop if I feel it is beyond my capabilities.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  2. INJEN78

INJEN78 HS LEGEND

oem fenders,oem lights,oem bumper,oem rad. support and CF hood...aftermarket bumpers and fenders are junk and overpriced

3. freak86

freak86 New Member

Is there any aftermarket that aren't junk or overpriced? Is the fitment issue null on OEM fenders and bumpers, etc.? Thanks for the input.

4. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

From what I've heard and seen, many OE replacement panels do not fit well(like Certi-Fit parts, etc.) Best bet is to just buy used original Honda piece or from the dealership.

5. INJEN78

INJEN78 HS LEGEND

word..go to the junkyard and get em used.the only part that would have the least problem fitting is the hood..

6. dacheat

dacheat ..is grounded.

if you make another crx with gills i'll cry. OEM.

7. 92stoccord

92stoccord Big Member VIP

[​IMG]

Sorry dacheat... It was for a good cause.

8. ihatemyprelude

ihatemyprelude New Member

AHHHH the body gaps, look at those fenders...

If you plan to venture far from oem, just get a CF hood.. its the only thing that "Fits"

I dont get how after market headlights are bad? i never had problems with headlights.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted