suggestions for running/work out shoes?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

From my track days, all the distance guys wore Asics, and all the sprinters wore Nikes. I'm a heavy heel striker and a sprinter, so I've always preferred Nikes with really thick cushioning. They have gotten to be less of a serious shoe over the years, but they still have a few models that are worth trying out. The Pegasus is still worth the money. I run on Max 180s, walk around on Shox (don't run on them, not too stable), and use Frees (and old school Kukinis) for messing around. My wife loves Asics, but she's a distance person, not a 100m and hurdles jumper. Old school Huaraches were awesome if you can find them anywhere.

For basketball, I tried pretty much everything but always went back to some variation of an Air Flight or an Air Max.

For competition though, it didn't matter. Whatever was the lightest, fit the best, and had the best spike pattern was what mattered. :D

As far as wear and tear, the Nikes do tend to give out sooner now than before, but a pair will still least me a few years. In any case, I'll just get another pair. I figure that I'm supporting my uncle who's a big shot manager at one of the Nike factories back east. :D

Have you thought about biking?

i'd love to ride to work, but it would probably take me all day to get there. lol my commute one way is about 45 miles.

plus, the only direct route is highway... backroads will probably bump that to 60.

I need to buy a new bike. I was looking into it last year, but everyone else i know bailed on it and i'm not about to dump 1500 bucks on something thats going to sit in my shed. If no one is going to ride with me, its not fun (not to mention, not a good idea if i break my leg in the middle of the woods with no cell service alone)

I do a ton of stuff by myself. Ski, shoot, workout, ride, etc. I have fun by myself and make friends along the way that share similar interests.

Anything in the Bowerman series is great (that includes the Pegasus). I would suggest you try a pair
I have had multiple pairs of the Bowerman series including 2 different styles of the Pegasus you suggested and still had problems with them. There just shitty shoes and I will no longer give them any of my business.

I run on Max 180s, walk around on Shox

I have a pair of Max 180's in my closet. Practically new. They're yours if you wear size 10.

I bought them for about 1/3rd of the price. Retired them for the pair of Sauconys I bought from the local running store.

I find that buying a good set of insoles helps out, I'm not a runner/jogger/athlete by any means but I always buy a pair when I get new shoes..

bumping this back up cause i've been on a jogging kick recently
went out today and got some asics GEL-1150
i currently do about 14 miles a week
also bought a knee brace but not sure its really gonna help my knee any

My dad wears those at work. Good shoe. Very light and comfy. Might not be as supportive as you want if you're a heavier guy, but otherwise are awesome.

I have gel kayano 15's for the time being. (marathons y0).

since someone wanted to bump the thread, I guess I'll put in my 2c.
For B, the best shoes on the market are these.

Womens-RYKA-Pursuit-Kelly-Ripa-Pursuit-Kelly-Ripa-White-DarkGreen-Black-WKR21032WWGX.jpg

Ryka FTW! even curves and kelly ripa back them! They'll look great on B.

the pair i bought are pretty much as-new in my closet. :( lol

Back