suggestions on amps, i need 3 in total.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

camaroguy202002

I like a challenge.
I just got done buying a bunch of subwoofers for my car and am looking for some suggestions on what kind of amps to put with them. They're all MA AUDIO, i have 4 8" subs for mids(2000 watts peak/1000 RMS /500 watts peak/250 RMS a piece) , 4 12" subs(2800 watts peak/1400 RMS /700 watts peak/350 RMS a piece) , and an 18" sub (2000 watts peak/ 1000 RMS) . any suggestions would be great.

First suggestion is to hopefully put those 8's in all the doors for midbass, and either choose between the 12's or the 18. No reason to have all that shit piled up in your car. My choice would be the 12's - more cone area and more coils which means more efficiency and more power.

Next, what impedance coils do all the woofers have? Are they Xl's or Xe's?

get rid of the 18. low and sloppy. just an opinion. i would try a kicker sx series amp for the adjustment capability. but i like more sound quality. ma audio amps work well with their subs and their 4 channels aren't bad not exactally quality sound, but hey, you're running an 18

I'd reccommend Directed amps, i had one in my old car and it was great. I just put 2 in my cousins car and they perform great, plus they are 1 ohm stable. DEI 2400d is sweet :)

I've never had any problems with my COUSTIC amps.

BTW are you entering this car in a DB Drag or something?

ok well when i was in the truck show scene..i went through a lot of amps...i had 2 kicker cvr 12's in my s10 in a custom box...the first amp i had was a legacy 1200 it was good for about 3 months then it started blowing fuses for no reason...the second amp i had was a lansar 1000 again it was good for about 4 months sounded great then it fried...then i went to a memphis audio 1000 and man did i love that amp...with that memphis audio amp my jam sounded so awsome..i had enough jam to flip a 50 cent piece on the top of my roof...then when i traded my s10 for a nother s10 i got a audiobahn 2400 on one solobaric L5 12(i know it sonds like it is way too much buy)with the amp turned up 1/4 of the way up it was pushing good clean crisp bass...so i would recomend either a memphis audio or a audiobahn amp//

just to help you out and get some good stuff here is a website where i get all my jam for cheap...

woofersetc.com
indocaraudio.com

What kind of car is this going into? I hope you know your going to have to upgrade the charging system.

I just started carring the ma audio line (again) There new products are going to be alot better. But there amps are going to stay power hungry. Keep them up to power and they will provide the rms output thats needed

Back