suggestions on build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

typesiracing

i know this sounds a little weird at first....but this is what i have....a 94+ gsr block with an ls crank and rods, type r pistons, i have crower titanium dual springs and retainers in a b16 (mildly ported) head with a ported b16 intake manifold, b16 throttle body, b16 cams and adjustable cam gears (killing me i bet), gsr trans and gsr header with high flow cat

i just finished putting the motor together....i was looking for suggestions for cams and anything else that comes to mind....i was thinking of getting a ctr intake cam and advancing the intake cam 2 degrees (i know its best tuned on a dyno but just for now i think it'll help) any advice or other suggestions would be a help. thanks

i plan on running a chipped p28 with hondata....do i need to spend the money? I already have the p28.

id go Crower for cams. r u stayin N/A or turbo? crower is awesome stuff. if u feal real loaded, grab some skunk 2 or Jun. im goin Crower for my b16 build tho. good luck
Tyler

what spec crower do you suggest and you recommend this over ctr.....i'm going n/a for now......maybe later a rebuild and turbo...can only afford so much at once...i just got the car also

if you are planning on going turbo down the road then dont bother doing cams

NA cams suck ass for turbo and turbo cams suck ass for NA

here is what i would do.

Wiseco 5 CC dome, 81.5 MM Coated skirt pistons.
Ultralight Probe rods.
you already have valvetrain...
Crower Stage 3/403 cams
No cam gears, 0.0 is fine.
JDM DC or JDM ITR header
2.5 inch exhaust with little restriction.
3" intake

And your probably looking at 200+ WHP.

Jeff

Originally posted by Import Builders@Apr 16 2004, 12:49 AM
here is what i would do.

Wiseco 5 CC dome, 81.5 MM Coated skirt pistons.
Ultralight Probe rods.
you already have valvetrain...
Crower Stage 3/403 cams
No cam gears, 0.0 is fine.
JDM DC or JDM ITR header
2.5 inch exhaust with little restriction.
3" intake

And your probably looking at 200+ WHP.

Jeff

well since its already done but instead i'm using type r pistons and do have a 2.5" exhaust with 2.5" header collector....everything else is the same do you think i'm close to 200? and are you considering the crank and rods used? i know every motor is different but i'm just looking for a guestimate..thanks

definately get a decent header, type r, an-r, headertech, depends on how much you want to spend. And skunk2stage2's or crower403

Back