Suggestions on N/A B16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

basically if you have the money,tuning/motor skills and want big hp then go with some kind of turbo kit,but you better know your stuff..if i had big bucks i would slap a turbo on..but i dont so im goin for reliability and ofcourse whatever power i can get..good luck with your project,that goes for everyone in here

Originally posted by Calesta@Oct 10 2003, 03:58 AM
There are some streetable NA B block builds around 250whp, but they're extremely rare... and they cost a LOT of money. 250whp all motor is my target, so we'll see what happens- but I'm definitely feeling the pains of specialized parts, and you will too if you decide to shoot that high without juice or boost. If you want over 300whp on a B block, you'd better start looking into boost, because that's the only way you're going to get it and still have something that runs on pump gas, or something that breaks parts all the time.

im trying for 350hp NA on a B-block. I havent come up with the money, yet, but i know it would be expensive. here's the setup i plan on using:

B20A block, rebored to 8.45mm
89mm Honda crank(i think thats the LS crank)
12.5:1 pistons
custom rods
Eagle Sleeves
Haltech E6 ecu, and a shit load of tuning.
600cc fuel injectors and AEM fuel delivery(fuel rail, reg., etc.)
custom grind camshafts
and many other things.

im aiming for about 160lbs of torque, redline will be around 12000rpm.

Back