Suggestions on new ride??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMilan

Yes, I am keeping my 240

BUT -

by the end of this year 2004 I wanted to get another ride, used though.

I was saving for an S2000 but the car just doesn't seem to fit me based on my criteria.

Criteria
-Reliable, Daily Driver, with some mods just for fun
-AWD preferred, and must be able to withstand a little rough driving, such as offroading and such. Will consider RWD
-lots of room is key, well a decent amount for tools, dog, equiptment, etc (hence no s2000).
-nothing older than 95 for sure.
-Cost of no more than 20k.
-Not really into the whole SUV thing

The car will be used for hunting trips, work, school, and some mountainous travel, and some cross country traveling.

What I can come up with thus far:
WRX Stationwagon
cheaper 3 series station wagon
Evo-hard to find for under 20k by the end of this year but not that much room.
Jeep Cherokee??? don't know shit about this car

So, I was just curious of any suggestions really of cars that I might have overlooked.

thanks......

i'd vote IS300. the 6cyl grand cherokee's have a very strong I6 that'll take some punishment and run forever. but anything pre-99 rides like shit. actually... now that i think about it, :buyanm: . it's well within your price range... and uh.. it's fuckin' ill.

Originally posted by JDMilan@Jan 21 2004, 06:12 PM

Jeep Cherokee???

I personally would stay away from the Jeep Cherokee, I have heard they have some rear end troubles. How about a Subaru Legacy/WRX? Audi Quattro?

Originally posted by kylemarhx@Jan 21 2004, 06:16 PM
i'd vote IS300. the 6cyl grand cherokee's have a very strong I6 that'll take some punishment and run forever. but anything pre-99 rides like shit. actually... now that i think about it, :buyanm: . it's well within your price range... and uh.. it's fuckin' ill.

I don't know about the M, I mean the obvious aside, I'd rather have an S2K if I was going to keep it stock. Remember the Track Vid with the 350Z, M3, S2K, and Boxter? If it wasn't for driver error somewhere late in the race the S2K would have beat the M3, just my opinion though, I still love the letter H

I few weeks ago i was thinking on buying a civic and hook it up right away... but the i started to think on the amount of money and time that i would have to invest, so i decided to go another route... right now i'm thinking on Audi TT Quattro... i know it's a lame car :p but i want something diferent and reliable... just remembered cause a used one it's on 20k range... just a thought on another car... ;)

i test drove the TT and didn't like it very much, it is very sluggish.

My vote is for the WRX wagon. My parents had one, and it was a fun car. The gearing was a little on the long side for San Francisco city driving, but it was fun once out of the hilly city. I loved the interior of the car, and the seats rocked. The dog fit in the car quite comfortably, and we also had room for camping supplies, and what not. We put an aftermarket exaust on it (not sure have to ask my pops what is was) that made driving the car much nicer. For the price and what you want I cannot think of anything that compares. :thumbsup: WRX

ohh.... thanks... well, i'm probably making a test drive tomorow, so i'll get back to u on that... but yeah... it's a heavy car...

I was higly considering the WRX Wagon, for the reason that it can be modded to be fairly quick (would be happy with a 13 second wagon that is reliable) and it's AWD and, well, it's a wagon which I would like.

I plan to go camping, backpacking, hunting, etc. and I did a search and found a decent amount of the WRX wagons in the 15-22k range as of now so assuming that they will go down slightly in price by the end of this year.

the lexus rx300 was a good idea, didn't even think about that ride, I rode in one a while ago and really liked it, nice ride, and upscale with just enough room without being toooo SUV-ish.

Jerokee, well out of the question now, I figured they would have more problems with them as a percentage as compared to most other wagon/suvish type cars.

As of now I am feeling the WRX station wagon, on the plus side, I think the chances of them being beaton on is much much less than the standard WRX since I doubt many WRX WAgon onwers go and dog their car at autoX and the track/street.

If i am not mistaken doesn't the WRX wagon run high 14's??

Originally posted by Silverchild79+Jan 21 2004, 06:24 PM-->
kylemarhx
@Jan 21 2004, 06:16 PM

I don't know about the M, I mean the obvious aside, I'd rather have an S2K if I was going to keep it stock. Remember the Track Vid with the 350Z, M3, S2K, and Boxter? If it wasn't for driver error somewhere late in the race the S2K would have beat the M3, just my opinion though, I still love the letter H

yeah, the s2k is quicker, but the s2k dosen't have the roomey ness, the back seat or the trunk that the m3 has. the m3 is more of a powerhouse then a quick 'lil revvy car. super powerfull, super torquey (sp?). totally daily drivable without standing out to much. more of what i thought he was lookin' for. but yeah...

I say go for a WRX Wagon. They are well within your price range and damn, they can be modified well substantially better then any honda IMO with just bolt ons, and you still have that subaru, run for atleast 200k reliability.

I really really want one so I could go the pass and still have some car like attribute, but I couldn't afford the insurance alone, yet alone the payment.

talk to whitewrx02 since he kinda wants to sell his,

he would probablly give you the HS homie hook up price.

Back