Suggestions on new ride??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The wrx would be cool, but what kind of offroading are you doing? Think about a wrangler, they are pretty reliable and are awesome off road. Are trucks out of the question? A Tacoma or s10 with the zr2 package would be affordable and good offroad. The truck would be nice for hunting since you can just throw your shit in the bed and put you dog back there if you needed. If you get the extended cab you could fit a person back there or some more crap. I am also partial to full size trucks like my Silverado. The thing is big but it gives a nice ride with enough room in the interior for 6 people. It has some balls too.

Subaru dealership's go there and your bound to find EXACTLY what your looking for!

Im tellin ya, that rx300 is pretty neat. it has plenty of room, not too big, awd, not too slow, and you can find a 99 for under 20k

fuck all that shit .... you can get a 2000 S4 for under $20k
if you need a wagon look for an S4 avant

AWD
V6
twin turbocharged

250 hp
258 tq

1982 subarua baja :)

but yeah, i think the wrx wagon is a good choice, and also the s4's

Volvo, Audi, and I like some of the Bimmer Wagons. At least the first two can come with a factory turbo, and maybe the BMW. AWD, eeeeehhhhh, maybe. WRX is lookin good.

jd - just a thought. i know you were not cosidering a jeep anymore....
but....
my boss was talking to me today, and i think you might wanna think about his grand cherokee limited. its a 2001, and it is absolutely LOADED. every single possible option is on this bitch. he babies it like none other. its as black as the heart of satan, and its gorgeous. its got like 70,000 miles, and there are no problems with it. he wants around 17,000 for it. books a lot higher. this is the kind of guy that collects yenko camaros, and old school muscle in concours shape, so i can vouche for him. if you had even an inkling as to maybe getting a jeep, this is most assuredly the jeep to get. let me know.

Originally posted by B16@Jan 21 2004, 06:15 PM
WRX

Evo 8 - nobody has em.

The wrx is a great car, but its quickly becoming the next "civic" of the import world.

yea Ricart down the street from me, the largest dealership in the world has about 17 of em all in a row facing the highway

I think I should honestly pass on the Jeep, only because it was just a off the head thought for utility,

The WRX wagon seems to be the better option with great longevity, reliablity, utility, good gas mileage, and the option of just adding boost and then some. I know the motor can handle 15lbs-19lbs thrown at it and it's AWD.

By the end of this year I should be able to find one for 14-15k which would be nice, then I can put a little cash into it for some added Upmhfff..

97+ Audi A4. 1.8T AWD. Under 10g's. thats a lot of money you have left over to play with it. I was about to get one, but then i got my turbo kit :D

hmm..going to check into that A4, I would prefer an S4, I thought that the 2.8 quattro was AWD and the S's were the only ones,

i guessed wrong, 1.8T's came in AWD also, fuck there are tons of these rides for great deals out their.

found them int he area of 12k-20k both 1.8t's in two and four wheel drive, 2.8 quattro in either station or sedan, hmm.....

go with a 99 impreza 2 or 4 door 2.5 rs theres some crazy mods for those things to bad i didnt know sooner my friend had a tight one for your price range. www.autoimaging.com i think its is has some nice jdm conversions and such for them

milan im tellin you look at the damn S4s ... they are only about 2k more than the A4s right now ... and usually with less milage ... im seeing them all over CT in the 20K area

2.7L twin turbo >>>> 1.8L single turbo or 2.8L non-turbo

Back