Suggestions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sloazcrx

Anyone have any suggestions on a header for a 90 ls motor, favorite brands and whatnot. Help me make a decision. Also, which is better, 4-2-1 or 4-1.

ive got a DC header and im real happy with it. just wish i had it wrapped in heat tape first. it doesnt overheat, but ive got a short ram intake and that header makes my engine bay get H-O-T in this 90-100 degree weather. i got the ceramic coated one too.

look for a CTR header. it's a 4-2-1 design with a 2.5 inch collector. it'll work really great but you'll need to modify your cat to be able to bolt it up to it.

i think the USDM ITR came with the 4-2-1 header with the 2.5" collector as well. can anyone confirm/correct this statement?

fuk DC. i would get another kind if i had the money to.
i would give anything to get my CTR header back. i was a moron for getting rid of it. :bash:

Originally posted by rsaeini@Jul 17 2003, 02:25 PM
fuk DC.

i concur

i'd also run a 4-1

4-2-1, although makes more midrange, is NOT the problem area for the ls- its the top end. any flow you can give it up top will be a great benefit in the long run.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Jul 17 2003, 01:42 PM-->
@Jul 17 2003, 02:25 PM
fuk DC.

i concur

i'd also run a 4-1

4-2-1, although makes more midrange, is NOT the problem area for the ls- its the top end. any flow you can give it up top will be a great benefit in the long run.

DC makes good headers. they sell alot of rice but their headers and exhausts are very good.

4-2-1: Drag Race, fo' shiz. Street reliability.
4-1: Circuit, off the hezay! Makes low end really loud, hard to sneak around at night.

Originally posted by odnet@Jul 18 2003, 12:46 AM
4-2-1: Drag Race, fo' shiz. Street reliability.
4-1: Circuit, off the hezay! Makes low end really loud, hard to sneak around at night.

what the fuk are you talking about. :blink: :blink:

i've never heard of a 4-1 making your shit really loud.
there isn't a specific header for drag racing or circuit/road racing. you can use either header for either application. it all comes down to how your car is tuned.
i think all serious drag racers use a 4-1 style of some sort. i've seen a bunch of road racers use various 4-2-1 designs. so, my conclusion is... :newbie:

4-1 does not = loud
i have the JDM 4-1 w/ 2.5" collector and down low my car is VERY quiet
shit im quieter than pretty much any other honda in my area that isnt stock
:newbie:

Back