sun faded carbon fiber

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sufikation

when i bought my car it came with a spoon sports cf hood and duck bill wing. both pieces were sun burnt badly so i sold the hood off to a buddy but couldnt bring myself to get rid of such a sexy wing. i would like to fix this sun fade issue and am hoping its as easy as stripping the clear coat and adding a new one. i couldnt find any special care info for sanding/painting cf so any need to know advice would be awesome before i ruin my duck bill. thanks. }=)

ill take some pics later today and post them, its been waxxed, buffed, rubbed down, spanked on the ass...w/e. its just in rough shape, im thinking its gonna take a sanding and a fresh clear coat put on. i just hope i dont dink up the cf itself. }=)

just buff it and if that dont work get rid of the old clear coat and add a few coats of new

Wet sand it lightly with 600 grit, follow up with 1500 grit, wash, wax, buff, life should be good.

paint them to match the car

then you get all the benefits of the CF pieces (light weight) without looking like a jackass with non color-matched parts, and you will also reduce the chances of your CF parts getting stolen by ass bag thieves

the only way CF body panels look good is if the whole fucking car is CF
koenigsegg-ccxr.jpg

koenigsegg-ccxr2.JPG

paint them to match the car

then you get all the benefits of the CF pieces (light weight) without looking like a jackass with non color-matched parts, and you will also reduce the chances of your CF parts getting stolen by ass bag thieves

the only way CF body panels look good is if the whole fucking car is CF
koenigsegg-ccxr.jpg

koenigsegg-ccxr2.JPG
no i cant paint my duck bill silver...that just wouldnt feel right. but if i had cf fenders or a hatch i would paint to match for sure. but i say the lip and the wing would e off limits.

Do not wax it! this is the worst you can do UNLESS you know for a fact it is clearcoated. There is a guy in Michigan who refinishes carbon fiber he did my hood, Email him first before you do anything I made the mistake of waxing it and if the hood soaks it up it is almost impossible to remove. carbonfiberrepair@yahoo.com

Back