sun night chat

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i use IE and the link works for me :shrug2:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 9 2004, 12:38 AM
it does if you don't use the POS ie who can't handel a simple header redirect.

With that attitude, you'll never go anywhere. Stop being an elitist bitch and understand that not everyone knows what Mozilla is, or wants to download it, or even cares. You should be making your page functional for IE because 99.999% of web users use IE.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+Feb 9 2004, 11:11 AM-->
pissedoffsol
@Feb 9 2004, 12:38 AM
it does if you don't use the POS ie who can't handel a simple header redirect.

With that attitude, you'll never go anywhere. Stop being an elitist bitch and understand that not everyone knows what Mozilla is, or wants to download it, or even cares. You should be making your page functional for IE because 99.999% of web users use IE.

His site, his choice. That and IE is just a fuckin nightmare... the whole thing, coding for it, the instability, vulnerabilities, spyware, and like Sol said, the inability to handle a header redirect.

IE = shit.

I'm not arguing that IE isn't shit. I hate everything microsoft, but what I'm saying is that one of the first things they teach you in webmaster school is that your pages need to cater to almost the lowest common denominator. Having a page that won't work in the current version of a browser is poor work.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Feb 9 2004, 01:37 PM
I'm not arguing that IE isn't shit. I hate everything microsoft, but what I'm saying is that one of the first things they teach you in webmaster school is that your pages need to cater to almost the lowest common denominator. Having a page that won't work in the current version of a browser is poor work.

They have schools for webmastering?!?!

Anyway, everything else seems to work nicely under IE. I don't see any difference on either browser. Not being able to click that one link is simply a downside of using IE to view this site. Ya can't please everyone all the time.

What about Linux users who don't have the option of IE? The world doesn't revolve around IE or Windows anymore. Nothing's gonna work 100% on every browser, unless you use frameless, scriptless HTML 3.0 code.

His site works wonderfully in the current version of Firebird/Firefox.

Um...sorry for starting this...arguement(?) B invited me into chat and I ended up not really paying attention anyway.

oh well.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Feb 9 2004, 01:37 PM
Having a page that won't work in the current version of a browser is poor work.

i agree with you there loco, but why cater to technology that hasn't been updated in years? there's better out there now, IE is just dust in the wind. there are tons of new tags that dont even work in IE.

microsoft should just seperate it in their next OS. leave explorer the way it is for the gui, but also not make IE default. SP1 fixes this for XP, anyway.

Back