Sunglasses

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I honestly just go to a department store. I got a nice pair of Kenneth Coles and a pair of Ralp Lauren Aviators for real cheap.

Just go to a damn swap meet.........Hahahaha

But thats a good link that dustin posted.

Yea i had a swap meet pair for over a year and a half. i bought them just to temporarily replace my Smiths that i had for like 6 years. Now i have a pair of Maui Jims Shakas that are awesome. I would check out the Maui Jims if you can. Also, even though you might find good deals online, i would recommend going to a store and trying some one before buying. I have a hell of a time finding glasses that fit me comfortably.

Also, beware of cheap glasses because most aren't polarized. you don't want cataracts and shit like that later on in life.

My old sunglasses were prescription. I loved those things, but drunken nights and my forgetting to pick them up when they fell on the floor demolished them. I think I stepped on them like 3 times. Finally bent the frame hardcore and said screw it.

Sunglass and Optical Warehouse San Diego Largest Best Sunglasses Store - Home

This place is great. They are based here in san diego, but looks like you can order online. They have good prices and great customer service.

what kind of glasses you buying?

I'm not sure what kind of glasses.

Ultimately I would like a pair of glasses to be active in and fun in and another set thats more professional looking that I can wear out, if need be in a suit and tie.

Also ideally I wanted to be able to try them on in a store first and then search for the best deal.

Last edited:
^^^those are great

Do you know what "shaka" means?
art3a.jpg

I'm not sure what kind of glasses.

Ultimately I would like a pair of glasses to be active in and fun in and another set thats more professional looking that I can wear out, if need be in a suit and tie.

Also ideally I wanted to be able to try them on in a store first and then search for the best deal.
I like mine because they have a rubber piece on the nose pad so they stay on my face if i am sweating. i've worn them running and doing a lot of different stuff so far and they are great. They are also not flashy so i wouldnt be embarrassed to wear them somewhere semi dressy

I had some smith hudson's. They were cool but I smashed them in Cali on accident.....

I'm looking at getting a pair of oakley gas can polarized, but the best price I can find is 150. I'd rather spend only another 50 on another pair of hudson's.

But on maui jim's. They're tight glasses. My dad has two pairs, and aren't cheap in anyways. The polarized ones run like 200 on the internet for the most part, and 300 in store.

i have these w/ polarized lenses..
Von Zipper Papa G (Black Gloss/Grey Lens) - Plastic/Acetate Frame
4998-392124-d.jpg

they cost me a whopping $0 but regularly went for $125 but my friend used to work at one of the skates shops in the mall and i would walk out with bags of shit like i bought it.. hahaha.. including shoes, glasses, jeans, hats.. if they had it i could take it.. hahah

surprisingly you can see rather well out of them.. the lenses wrap around a bit so you can see to the side..

4998-392124-5.jpg

4998-392124-2.jpg

I had some smith hudson's. They were cool but I smashed them in Cali on accident.....

I'm looking at getting a pair of oakley gas can polarized, but the best price I can find is 150. I'd rather spend only another 50 on another pair of hudson's.

But on maui jim's. They're tight glasses. My dad has two pairs, and aren't cheap in anyways. The polarized ones run like 200 on the internet for the most part, and 300 in store.

I like the small gas cans, but I don't know about the price.

$50 for the ones I posted or $150 for gas cans..

yeah.... I know.

I really like them too. Like my hudsons are similar, surfer bulky frame.

But if you know me in person, they're 100% my style. I rock boardshorts every day of the week as I go wakeboarding and wakesurfing every day of the week.

Back