Sunny weather is coming

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PhyRe

i wanna know what you guys think i should do and what would benifit me in the long run. im gettin ready to do my swap cuz the weather is gettin nice. but im still stuck on which engine to go with. could some help me out with the pros and cons of a gsr swap cuz ive seen the h22 on on here. but those are the two that im desiding on. price isnt really a factor so i just need facts and i wanna hear from people that have either an h22 hatch or a gsr hatch and poeple that have done the swap

i have 93 dx

plain and simple, the gsr motor is the best swap for your car. Its a straight forward swap and some wiring depending on what year gsr you have. The h22 is just one big headache and will be a lot of wiring to deal with. Save yourself the headache and go with the gsr....

Dude, I HAVE the GSR in a hatch and its a great motor. Decent power, but not all that.

If I had to do it again, I think I would go with the H22 swap. Just because it sucks when other B-series guys are neck and neck with you all the time. I just wanted people to say "Day-om" but with the GSR, they say "Oh, cool"

Pro's about H22 are...

More weight on the font wheels for better launches.
More torque than GSR.
More HB than GSR.

The only really bad thing about the H22 is the understear. Its not really an issue for me cause I take it easy with my car all the time....unless I'm racing.

Overall, the H22 in a HB would smoke most all B-Series swaps, part for part.

i'd go with H22 since money isn't a problem.....usually it is i think....but hell yea H22

Originally posted by Hatchbacks Anonymous@Apr 14 2004, 06:16 PM
More HB than GSR.

wtf? lol

yeah y0!!! MORE HB with the h22 f0 shizzl3

lol

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

gsr is a great motor if you like to turn
h22 is a great motor if you live your life 1/4 mile at a time.

Back