Sunroof install

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cheese9988

VIP
I am sure this had to have been asked before someplace on this board but I can't find it in any of the forums. Anyway I would like to put in/have put in a sunroof in my crx. I have found a couple online I can put in myself but for a few dollars more I can have somebody else do it. Plus I would think a warrenty would come with an installed one. I have heard some people complain that some of these leak but then some say they are great and have no problems. Then again alot of factory sunroofs seem to have problems after a number of years it seems. The car doesn't see much rain and since I have had it, it never has seen snow. Just looking for peoples input on how much luck they have had with thiers.

Are you going to put a motorized sunroof in, or just a pop-up one? Aftermarket, or an OEM peice from an SI or something?

If you are going to put in an OEM motorized one, I have heard, not sure if it is true, and just trying to let you know in case you do do it, that it will not hold good, and it compromises the structural integrity of your car. This is because the SI's frame was a little different, seeing how it was made to support one.

Just a thought to consider, let me know if you do it, and how it goes. :thumbsup:

I have an aftermarket one in my dx crx and it works great. I don't know where it was put in, but at probablyjust a regular shop or something. Only problem with it is that it opens probably only about 6 inches at most.

sunroofs are overrated. i think i used mine a total of 10 times since i bought the car.

I have to use mine, the retard owner before got rid of the ac.

Ya same here, but mine never came with ac. It gets hot in there. Right now I am doing what I used to do in my civic hatch, hold the hatch open a couple inches and the air goes right through.

if the sun is out and high in the sky a sunroof will only make you much much hotter i have one and i know this for a fact when it is hot and the sun is out bright i close mine and the shade4 for it too keeps the sun from beating directly on top of your head and keeps you much cooler

Back