Supa fast

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yes, it's obd2. Make sure about your emissions hookup before you do all this. I had hookups in nova too but since the recent fines have increased to crazy levels- they won't do it anymore.

With obd2 I wouldnt need the emissions hook up though would I? I have obd2 now so it would be just wire back up stick in the hondata s300 and have a tuner mess with the rest.

Last edited:
If your car is obd2 right now and runs fine go get your emissions done now. It will be good for 2 years. However if you go from obd2 to obd1, your car will NOT pass emissions in northern va since at that point the emissions computer will be trying to read codes from an obd2 car.

If your car is obd2 right now and runs fine go get your emissions done now. It will be good for 2 years. However if you go from obd2 to obd1, your car will NOT pass emissions in northern va since at that point the emissions computer will be trying to read codes from an obd2 car.

Good idea lol

just a little bit of quick input for ya. i have a skunk2 intake manifold on my civic and absolutely love the little bastard. pretty good difference for me, but i also have a d16y7 that had that crappy little top mount throttle body. i still give the skunk2 a good rating tho.

just a little bit of quick input for ya. i have a skunk2 intake manifold on my civic and absolutely love the little bastard. pretty good difference for me, but i also have a d16y7 that had that crappy little top mount throttle body. i still give the skunk2 a good rating tho.

right on thats what im thinking about using so thanks alot bro

Here is what you can lose.

Cams:
Crower Cams & Equipment - What's New

Springs and retainers: Needed with the crower turbo cams

Valves:
Intake
Exhaust

Nos
NX N tercooler Kit - Nitrous Express Intercooler Sprayers

All that is not really needed IMO. GS-R cams respond very well to boost, and boost and nitrous? Just how fast do you want to go? 250-300whp will be more than enough to have fun with.

Cams:

Valves:
Intake
Exhaust

Nos

All that is not really needed IMO. GS-R cams respond very well to boost, and boost and nitrous? Just how fast do you want to go? 250-300whp will be more than enough to have fun with.

He's right, the only reason to go cammed is if you have a shitty head to start with (like my LS which doesn't breathe worth a damn), or if you're bored (I guess).

Example: My stock LS head has valve float issues above 6k RPM (not only that, but it really only makes power till 6k with the stock cams).
Solution:
New valvesprings and retainers / cams to make power above that level.

If you've got a decent head already, say GSR or B16, you're good to go.

In addition, I see no point to the Nitrous, just as Byron stated.

He's right, the only reason to go cammed is if you have a shitty head to start with (like my LS which doesn't breathe worth a damn), or if you're bored (I guess).

Example: My stock LS head has valve float issues above 6k RPM (not only that, but it really only makes power till 6k with the stock cams).
Solution:
New valvesprings and retainers / cams to make power above that level.

If you've got a decent head already, say GSR or B16, you're good to go.

In addition, I see no point to the Nitrous, just as Byron stated.

Good point thanks, you just saved me like 3 grand lol

Cams:

Valves:
Intake
Exhaust

Nos

You sir are a genius, just one of my boys has the nitrous set up on his evo and says it makes an incredible diffrence but yea, want to do spray and boost like i said earlier want to have ATLEAST 400 whp but thats all in the tune i suppose.

I think there is some confusion a few posts about about management/FMU.
A mechanical (disc) FMU, is prehistoric and garbage.
Systems like the S300/ECTune/Crome...etc are all great and are what you need, most people just don't call them "FMUs"

If your trying to make 400hp alot of the stuff you have in the posts above isn't even needed. We do our sytems (and others) all the time that making that power level and alot more.
You do not need to upgrade your fuel rail, stock will work perfectly fine, that $100 you can put towards something else.
I would suggest going with a larger injector, you do not want to max the duty cycle out. Remember, you can always tune a larger injector down, but you don't want to turn a too small of an injector up.
B Series-the cams/springs/retainers package for 400whp isn't needed.
N2O-not needed.

Back