Super Bowl Lawsuit

What Would You Do?

• Go to court.

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Take the money and run.

Votes: 13 76.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

endlesszeal

Fans file suit against NFL and Cowboys over Super Bowl seating - Shutdown Corner - NFL  - Yahoo! Sports

People paid for seats and didnt get them. NFL offered $2400 then added on free ticket to any future Super Bowl with paid airfare, hotel, etc... Now the fans want $5 million total which include about 1000 people.

So what do you think? Fair offer? People are greedy?

I can see both sides because what if you were a diehard fan of said teams that played and they never make back to the Super Bowl (unlikely given both teams records)? I would be beyond pissed if I was a Saints fan and missed the Super Bowl last year.

On the other hand, you're getting your money and then some. And you're guaranteed a ticket to any Super Bowl of your liking. Besides, if its only $5 mill and there is a 1000 people, assuming the lawyers only take half, you're only paid $2500.

i would take the money. whats the saying? a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

this could work out either way. nfl settles, pays lawyers and fans, people get less then they bargained for. or...they get a pissed off judge who hits the nfl with punitive damages and the suit settles for a shit ton of money.

i would personally have just asked for a meet and greet with teh packers and tickets to a future super bowl.

there is a good chance the packers make it again next year. these people are really rolling the dice.

Yeah I think it's a little extreme. No doubt the NFL fucked up big time, but they seem to be making an effort to fix it.

The only way I could see people being pissed is if they paid more than face value for the ticket and the offer from the NFL didn't make up for it. There are ticket brokers that can legally scalp tickets these days so it is a possibility.

i think its fucking ridiculous.
people are greedy, simple as that.

yes, i understand that they wanted to see those particular teams play, in most cases, some people just want to go to the superbowl, no matter the teams.

but, they offered 3 times face value and a free package to another game.

the nfl is clearly at fault, but it seems that they are making a pretty good offer.
hell, these people should have asked for free season pass to their fav team, would have been a decent trade off.

I'm curious to know how many of these people were really "fans" of the teams involved. I know a vast majority of SB tickets are given to "friends of the NFL" so to speak. Corporate sponsors, advertisers, vendors, etc, with the leftovers being divided between the teams involved and a lottery system for the general public.

I have a hard time believing anyone that claims to have waited their whole life to see their favorite team and they'll never get over not being able to go.

5 million is a spot on figure.

1000 x $2400 = 2.4 million.

2.4 million for the fans.
2.4 million for the layers

round out the change for court/pr costs, and the 5 mil figure is reached.

I thought it was only like 400 or 600 tickets involved.

This suit may include the folks who had obstructed seating as well. I personally would take the money.

hell yeah, and you may get real lucky and actually end up at the first super bowl that has a good half time show.

I would take the money and the free tickets. I agree- people are WAY too greedy. Yeah it sucks they didn't get their seat and yeah I would be pissed too at that time but I think they are being offered a fair compensation. Hell- is it even written anywhere that those seats were "guaranteed"?

Anyways yeah I would have just taken the money and been grateful that they did anything at all.

when selling a ticket, its a guarantee that you will have a seat.
the ticket acts as a contract between seller and buyer.

depends on the team really
if these are a bunch of packers fans then the ticket price probably doesnt mean that much
its all about the team

i the expected time on the waiting list to get season passes to packer home games is like 40 or 50 years, they are a dedicated bunch

if they were going to cover my expenses for the trip for this year, plus pay for next year i think its fair
as long as its not some shit bag hotel and airfare

when selling a ticket, its a guarantee that you will have a seat.
the ticket acts as a contract between seller and buyer.

Ah ok. I have never bought a ticket to any football game. I won some a couple of times for the local college game- but I couldn't even make it through the whole game. I'm just not a football person. :rolleyes:

same deal for concert tickets, any sporting event. pretty much anything that you buy a ticket to.
you buy the ticket in advance to guarantee that you have a place reserved to see the show.

In my opinion class actions aren't really about the money per say. Its about forcing the defending party or parties to admit wrong doing and to send a message that if another company does something similar this is what they can expect. People that enter class actions thinking they are going to make a ton of cash are mistaken.

I do think that the NFL is stepping up big time and doing the best that they can in this situation. Yeah Dallas and the NFL royally screwed up and no amount of money will ever make a die hard packers fan be okay with missing the experience of being in the stadium when their team wins the super bowl.

they already admitted the fuck up, and have been making offers to remedy the situation.

i am willing to be that these people think, since the grand figure is 5mil, they are going to get thousands and thousands of dollars.

They are thinking the way their lawyers tell them to think :)

Back