Super Charger Or Turbo

Which should i get for my 98 civic ex coupe, a supercharger or a turbo?

• Turbo Charger

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of the ab

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Why-Adam

I am aware at this time that the draw back to a turbo is the turbo lag and I run on the streets so I am kinda sidding on the super charger which does not produce the ponies that a turbo does it is constant and will allow for a better take off. I thank you for any aditional tips, I am not really having any luck finding a super charger for my modle at this time so if anyone knows where i can find one to fit :worthy: plz :worthy: notify me..... Pe@cE! :imgone:

Jackson Racing makes one for your car:

http://www.jacksonracing.com
http://www.jacksonracing.com/pages/details...ailspage_h.html

Vortech doesn't have one yet, but write to them so they're encouraged to do so.

If you're worried about turbo lag, you can put together a system that spools up extremely fast and has low lag, while still giving you more power than a Jackson Racing SC. You could also buy an Endyn modified JRSC and run some really high power numbers with that.

dude, get a Greddy turbo kit...
Calesta, how did u know what car he had???

not sure what car u got, but im sure u can modify the kit.....
and from what im told, the greddy 15g kit has almost nilch to none lag whatsoever.
of course you wont be running 12 sec. passes anytime soon with the 15g kit......

yeah i am with the turbo idea if you just want to drag and street race... if all you do is straight line stuff, then go turbo, if you plan on road racing or autoX then go the SC route...

I have a 98 civic ex coupe. It aint a vtec, oh god i wish it was! But it aint and I am trying to to for a sleeper, a turbo would kinda give that away but, if the turbo is better for street racing maybe that is what i need, I am trying to find an import prelude engine and sportronic trany, needless to say thow, with little money at this time that shit is hard to get a hold of, I got a friend who will be working with me on the under the hood mods. Thanx for the input.

Originally posted by Why-Adam@May 15 2003, 12:25 PM
I have a 98 civic ex coupe. It aint a vtec, oh god i wish it was!

If you're in the States and it's truly an EX, you have VTEC. Look under your hood at your engine code- if it says D16Y8, you have VTEC... if it says D16Y7, you don't.

Originally posted by dcsports413@May 15 2003, 02:36 PM
i hear greddy sucks. go rev-hard, drag

could you please elaborate on this statement? i hear alot of things too, but i rarely believe what i am
told unless there is sufficient evidence to back it up....

my friend put the greddy 18g upgrade on his gsx and was very disappointed...however i will retract my statment that "greddy" sucks, just 18g. another friends T78 for supra TT works pretty good i must say. :)

T > SC

And to that other guy, never reccomend a drag kit to anyone. Their manifolds are trash. Get a greddy kit and add an I/C. It will kill the other 2

Back