Super Duper D-series Hybrid transmission

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

hey guys, im trying to run a D16A1 transmission(88-89 integra) but i read it doesnt fit other d-series engines. I also want to run a clutch/flywheel meant for the EGs(because noone makes anything for 88s).

here's what im thinking and reasoning:
Stock 88 CRX DX Case: Cable clutch, i already have it so i guess its considered "free"
93 CX Main and Counter shafts; 20 spline shaft
Aftermarket(Fidanza maybe) Flywheel; the ones they make only fit 90-2000 SOHCs i think.
D16A1 gearset

1. would it be possible to put the 93 CX transmission main shaft in there?
2. is it possible to put the D16A1 gears on the CX shaft?
3. any other problems that will be encountered?

Thanks, Kevin.

86-87 and 88-89 d16a1 trannys are diffrent, one might bolt to a d block, i'm pretty sure the 86-87 will not...

why are you trying to get the A1 gears?

Quoted post[/post]]
86-87 and 88-89 d16a1 trannys are diffrent, one might bolt to a d block, i'm pretty sure the 86-87 will not...

why are you trying to get the A1 gears?

theyre pretty similar to the ZC gear ratios, but a ZC transmission wont work on my motor(d15b vtec...no hole for intermediate shaft), and im able to get an A1 transmission from the junkyard(whereas the ZC ill have to order or search around for a used one around here which will probally be hard to find...and still end up throwing away the final drive and case).

86-89 d16a1 cg tranny should bolt up to newer d series, not sure but I think you use the a1 clutch, fly wheel etc

but the tranny mounts are in the wrong place so theres some cutting/welding..

Back