super street pisses me off

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gonzo_gsr

They did it again. In this month's issue there is a feature on an '02-S2000. The car looks sweet and has over 500 hp. My problem is that it belongs to a freshmen in college, and he got the car as a graduation gift. It must be nice to have mommy and daddy still paying for your toys at the tender age of 18. This should not be a feature car, the kid never even got his hands dirty. He sat on his ass and let papa pay the in comming bills. He also has a 2004 wrx for his "daily driver". This is bullshit. They need to stop doing features on spoiled little brats and focus on the guys that have a passion for this sport. The ones that buy their own cars, install their own parts and have something to be proud of. Sorry for my rampage, but I think you guys will understand. Stay strong, fight the power. Later,
-Gonzo-

I agree. The problem with cars though is that the best ones are the most expensive. And the most expensive of anything is bought by the rich. <_<

They should at least have a section devoted to the cars that were built by their owners, though.

thats why i never read super street anymore. and plus, their feature cars are becoming too showy. start reading drag sport, or honda tuning...WAY more technical info than any other import magazines...shit, honda tuning went step by step into building a awd integra, thats bad ass!

eh, i suppose that's a decent rant- But my opinion is if you have the money, spend it- Sure i personally don't have the same respect for that guy as I would for someone who built their car up with hard work- But shit, if i could afford to have someone make my civic make 500hp, or even better, my dad would pay someone to do it for me- why the hell not?

-besides Superstreet blows anyway- their editor is either 12 years old, or retarded and all of their articles sound like they're written by trained monkey's- it's hard to find 1 full page of professionalism in their stupid mag, so don't let it get to ya- Keep working your balls off and keep tuning and you'll find yourself in a much more prestigous location- The Hondaswap Ride of the Month :thumbsup:

hmm, im more of a grassroots motorsports person myself.

hmmm...if you want a nice car, how about earn it. Sounds to me like some is jealous, shit - if anyone was to offer me something of decent value, chances are you would take it.

Im with milan. the kid cant help it if his parents are rich and willing to buy him cars. i would do the same damn thing.

I never buy "tuner" mags but my older brother, being a broke ass college student for the past 2 christmas's has bought me a copy of SS and HCI. I was reading SS and here was the question to one of the editors.

"Hi, I hear alot of trash talk about pushrod engines, what are they?"

a: Dont worry about pushrod engines because they are shit. What you need to know is that you should never buy one and they are garbage.

can't sound any more retarded then that.

:werd: When its given to you, you're not going to say no, bottom line. And I gotta agree w/ slammed90lude about the respect thing. I got handed my car too but I gotta work to put any money into it.... so I guess I'm not as bad.

Oh yea, and the only good mags are SCC and I guess I dont mind European Car and Eurotuner either.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Mar 6 2004, 01:46 AM
I never buy "tuner" mags but my older brother, being a broke ass college student for the past 2 christmas's has bought me a copy of SS and HCI. I was reading SS and here was the question to one of the editors.

"Hi, I hear alot of trash talk about pushrod engines, what are they?"

a: Dont worry about pushrod engines because they are shit. What you need to know is that you should never buy one and they are garbage.

can't sound any more retarded then that.

:werd:

but honestly, the ignorance doesn't surprise me. people learn about one type of car and stick with it.

Originally posted by mattcalica@Mar 6 2004, 12:49 AM
...shit, honda tuning went step by step into building a awd integra, thats bad ass!

Haha, too bad the car didn't work out all that well.

The point of the magazine isn't "Hey, look at this guy, he could have sent his kids to college, but instead poured every dime into his car for the last 10 years, and now it is done" It's about the cars, the owners are a side note. To me a real enthusist wouldn't worry about that kid and his parents money, but instead read the article and laugh at him putting down half the numbers for twice the price.

Living in the North East, more specifically Connecticut (Where Grassroots is based) I pick up that magazine because I know some of the people in it, and I may be in it someday too.

They are actually in HondaSwap's home town.

-> Steve

Originally posted by Blanco@Mar 7 2004, 12:15 AM
I think his point was more along the lines of, the kid didn't deserve his parents buying him an S2000 and an STi. Not that the kid accepted the gifts. I agree with the topic. I'll never buy my kids a nice car. When they want one, I'll help but, they're buying it.

Why doesn't he deserve them? Maybe he is really cool kid, maybe he was a crackhead turned youth minister, why do you people get to say who deserves what? Because you don't have it? riiight.

hahahhaha Im meeting up next with at a 350Z meet in VA at the shop that built that S2000 I was just talking to one of the workers last night about the S2000 =)

thats funny

BTW the car is in maryland I think it was gathersburg or hagerstown

sticker i had on my car:

"Mommy and Daddy don't sponsor me."

sorry i dont give anyone respect if they use mommy and daddy's money to fix up their own car(s). same goes if someone buys a car thats all ready fixed up, you didnt do the work therfore you dont get the respect you think you deserve. people that put THEIR money and THEIR blood, sweat and tears into gets 100% pure respect from me.

Thanks for all the input. One thing that i have to say is that I'm not jealous of this kid. Sure it would be nice, and I wouldn't turn it down, but the thing that I was always taught,-
"nothing worth having comes easy, if you earn it you will have more respect for it"
I'm sure he loves his cars, but I would rather drive a 250hp car that I built myself than a 500hp car built by someone elses money. Its just an opinion and you know that everybody has one. thanks again :)
-Gonzo-

rich kids suck. okay wait 99% of rich kids suck, i've actually met a few cool ones

what really annoys me... i used to like that import tuner mag because i'm still learning, but when they show more of the cover model than the car on the front, i'm gonna stop buying them. :roll:

I hate stupid street, and all the other "tuner" mags, and drag magazines. My roommate and I get, Road and Track, Auto Week, Automobile, Motor Trend, Sport Compact Car (subscription is almost up and I probably will not renew), and my personal favorite Grass Roots Motor Sports.
Grass Roots Motor Sports is awesome, they cover all kinds of racing and motor sports including, auto-x, drifting, SCCA racing, NASA racing, and a whole bunch of other shit. IMO one of the best car magazines out there. In fact you should check them out: http://www.grmotorsports.com/

Back