super tight budget; CD review?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

Any good albums out? Any reviews on the Angels and Airwaves or Gnarls Barkely album???

BTW- the Gnarls Barkley is very good...not to much a fan of the A&A....the adventure is OK, sounds are big and catchy, but not my gig really

i want to get the new tool,breaking benjamins,disturbed something arounf those lines. all those albums have had great success. i'm just too broke to get them. The 10 yrs album is alright. Thats the kind of music i listen to.

I love the angels and airwaves album... it's kinda like blink, but it actually sounds good if you are into that type of music. It's a lot more musical than most of blink's albums, but it resembles the very last blink album alot.

www.myspace.com/angelsandairwaves

I enjoyed both of them. Pearl Jam Self title is good, as is RHCP's Stadium Arcadium and Snowpatrols new album as well.

thanks guys, I will go out and get those.

Reason why I'm not downloading anything is because I'm using my car computer right now; don't want to clutter up the space and it doesn't have much memory(my home computer got fried).

Taco15 said:
i want to get the new tool,breaking benjamins,disturbed something arounf those lines. all those albums have had great success. i'm just too broke to get them. The 10 yrs album is alright. Thats the kind of music i listen to.

Yes and Yes. Also try Mudvaynes "Lost and Found" album, I'm not much for metal, but they have some awesome songs on there.

Breaking Benjamin - we are not alone, Disturbed - 10k fists, Seether - Disclaimer II and Karma & Effect, mudvayne, Crossfade, Trapt - selt titled & Someone in Control. That's just one of my various play lists.

gnarls barkley blows ass. worst shit i've heard in years. dude sounds like macy gray minus the hair.
the new pearl jam cd sucks, as their past 8 or so cd's have...
RHCP's Stadium Arcadium album is lame. 1 or 2 good songs on it, the rest are retarded.

lost and found is a dope cd.

breaking benjamin and seether whine too much for me... can't stand 'em.

the new tool disc is pretty good. it's no Aenima, but it's banging.

i can't take the new taproot cd out of heavy rotation. but i'm a huge taproot fan.

yes...taproot is the shiznit...

trapt, crossfade, disturbed, from autumn to ashes, flyleaf(chick band), lacuna coil(another chick band), hinder, HIM, seether, adema, mudvayne, NIN, Tool, hurt, five bolt main,

o yes...and everyone needs to check out Psychostick - Beer...great song...;)

97AccorDEx said:
yes...taproot is the shiznit...

trapt, crossfade, disturbed, from autumn to ashes, flyleaf(chick band), lacuna coil(another chick band), hinder, HIM, seether, adema, mudvayne, NIN, Tool, hurt, five bolt main,

o yes...and everyone needs to check out Psychostick - Beer...great song...;)
Buckcherry has a bad ass song deicated to the exgirfriends . i cant remember the name but man is it funny.checkout Blue october also (hate me makes me think of my mom) not bad.
if you want to preview some of thes songs check this website out.

X101.5 The New Rock Station

Last edited:
MikeBergy said:
I love the angels and airwaves album... it's kinda like blink, but it actually sounds good if you are into that type of music. It's a lot more musical than most of blink's albums, but it resembles the very last blink album alot.

www.myspace.com/angelsandairwaves

I watched them on Fuse's 7th Avenue show and just had to get the CD. I would describe it as more of a "grown up" Blink182 sound. Very nice.

Yea I like that sound, just wanted to know if the whole album is good. I went out and got the AA album, gets a thumbsup from me. Gnarls Barkley...ehh the songs sound almost alike. I'm not really a Seether fan, but I'm still checking out the artists you guys listed.

Taco15 said:
Buckcherry has a bad ass song deicated to the exgirfriends . i cant remember the name but man is it funny.checkout Blue october also (hate me makes me think of my mom) not bad.
if you want to preview some of thes songs check this website out.

X101.5 The New Rock Station
Crazy Bitch.

edit: Also, check out the new AFI cd. Pretty badass! Not the typical AFI, less screaming. But defenitely worth buying, they have evolved very much as a band over the years, and I think it is for the better. Davey's done a great job of controlling and tuning his pipes. He actually has a good voice once he's not screaming bloody murder. My favorites: Kill Caustic, The Interview, Afflication, and The Killing Lights.

Last edited:
yes yes...how could i leave out AFI...lol...damn...haha

Here are some good ones. Alot of these you'll have to order offline since they're pretty small but here they go...

The Profits (profitstheband.com)
City and Colour
Time And Distance
Seven Ender
Self Against City
number one gun
Mute Math
Motion City Soundtrack
mae
Jack Johnson's new cd's pretty good (but not his best)
Jack's Mannequin (sounds like something corprate)
Something corprate (if you've never heard them)
Guster has some great cd's
Graham Colton/ graham colton band
Fort Minor (linkin park side project. Actually good hip hop music)
Eric Hutchinson
Brand New
Armor For Sleep

Look up these bands on iTunes and they have 30 second clips if you click on the songs. Buy the bands you like.

Back