Supercars vs AWD vehicles

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

My old 280ZX Turbo's speedo only went to 85mph. So many dumbasses would say, what thats all the car can do?

I am just saying that 10 years ago they made an Accord that would do damn near what it said, probably exactly what it said if I had more room. Now, 10 years later, add 2 gears, 2 cylinders, and a ton more horsepower, and I think it's possible. But I will look it up before I say "a stock V6 Accord will hit 160MPH."

I am just saying that 10 years ago they made an Accord that would do damn near what it said, probably exactly what it said if I had more room. Now, 10 years later, add 2 gears, 2 cylinders, and a ton more horsepower, and I think it's possible. But I will look it up before I say "a stock V6 Accord will hit 160MPH."

I bet my TL could get near 160. same motor.

270hp with a 6 speed, low 14s have been seen at the track by fellow stock TLs.
AVG is closer to mid to high 14s.....

I can't find anything via google seach, guess we'll have to find someone in here with an 03+ V6 Accord stick and send them to find a highway.

Whoa, a TL? *bows and worships* they actually look better than the Accord, and I am an Accord guy saying this lol. The TL in charcoal grey is amazing.

Whoa, a TL? *bows and worships* they actually look better than the Accord, and I am an Accord guy saying this lol. The TL in charcoal grey is amazing.

I almost got the charcoal grey color, but I thought this one was cleaner.

P1010311.jpg

hey and your tach says 10,000 rpm, I bet it could do that too

seriously... go try it, the red on the dial just indicates severe power

FYI, my S14 stock does not travel at the maximum speed of the seedometer

whats so Super about that car?

my m3 sits 5, has half the motor, half the drive train, and i've taken it well above 160 already :ph34r:

You have not gone 160. shut the hell up and sit down. It took all that a stock TT Supra had to go 150 and that was scary as hell. There are maybe 4 or so roads in CT that you can reach that speed.

rte 8 between exits 38 and 40 (there is no 39 N bound).

it was scary. i don't think i'll be doing that again... especially with a passenger. i don't care if i kill myself, but i won't be driving like that with someone else in the car. I don't need that on my conscience.

That said, it is pretty easy to get there.

hell, in the sti, i topped it out (147) on 72 eastbound between the beginning of the highway and the first on-ramp for 177, and was down to normal driving speeds by the time the S curves before 84 interchange came up.

120-140 is like 60-80 in a gsr civic. the car rips on the highway. only takes a few seconds... and then 140-160 takes a little longer... say 80-120 in a gsr civic.

:O Nice ride, jeffie. And wow B, 160. Dang. Would you even have to worry about the cops at that speed? Aside from the pursuit chopper lmao

even the pursuit chopped isnt going to mess with you. they top out at 140 if memory serves.

:O Nice ride, jeffie. And wow B, 160. Dang. Would you even have to worry about the cops at that speed? Aside from the pursuit chopper lmao

there are no CT police choppers to the best of my knowledge. if it exists, i've never seen one.

I also did it in an area where there is no where for the cops to hide... on a deserted road.

i only speed past downtown going toward dfw. in the left hand land there is no where to run radar at for 8 miles.

there are no CT police choppers to the best of my knowledge. if it exists, i've never seen one.

I also did it in an area where there is no where for the cops to hide... on a deserted road.

theres 1 but it usually isnt doing traffic duty

CT lacks a pursuit helicopter, which is why they bought all those pursuit Camaros and shit.

Back