Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mercedes Benz CL65 AMG

• Porsche Carrera GT

• Ot

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

for everyone thats vouching for the Koenigsegg, i dunnoe.. no doubt its an awesome car, but its powered by a 4.7L ford motor?? and it costs 470,000.. man thats a lot of cash.. and thats before all the taxes because it currently not avalible in the US.. for that money, id get the Saleen S7 with the DVD player, camera, and navagation system.. and still have money left over to mod the 7.0L S7..just trying to be cheap on a supercar, if theres such a thing :lol:.. at any rate, id still own a Mclaren above all else because its a 3 seater, Formula 1 engine, and the best power to weight ratio, period..

Originally posted by JDMilan@Oct 10 2003, 09:57 AM
Well I will say this about the NSX, after driving it and racing one person with an SRT-4 @ 21psi with a mostly stock motor and exhaust. "gutted cat"

the SRT4 won by 1/2 a car.

the NSX is a very very beautiful car, handles good, looks awesome, but honestly is overrated. This is from my personal experience driving it and such, the braking system blows nuts really bad especially considering that the car costs around 80-90k brand new, maintenance wise it's a bitch to do work on.

So with that said I would honestly NOT consider ever owning a NSX, for the price out there I can get a more potential car for the buck, and yes the NSX isn't that fast, fucker runs mid to high 13's--wtf?

i know two owners of the NSX and they love it to death.. the only thing they gripe about is the power somewhat and the price.. besides that, its a VERY reliable car.. it rarely needs any fixing, so dealers carry very little parts for and its handling is on par with cars such as the 360 Modena and 911 Porsche..only if it made more power, than id be worth 90,000.. its overrated, yes, but does it suck? no..

Originally posted by endlesszeal+Oct 10 2003, 12:19 AM-->
@Oct 9 2003, 04:59 PM
I don't know much about "supercars". I guess I will have to say...umm...that Mazda 787B car that is on Gran Turismo 3. Or maybe the Falcon Xr8 or whatever it's called. Those cars look badass. Are they fast? Or even real cars?

yeah but um their not road cars man.. the 787B is the ONLY Japanese car that won at the LeMans.. and the Falcon XR8 is bascially a Ford..

Told you I didn't know much about supercars. I just said they look cool. I figured they were supercars because they're fancy looking and probably cost alot.
What's the point in knowing alot about something I'll never own?

what do you mean never? who knows, you can invite something as stupid as, "Pet Rock," and make tons of money.. then you go buy a supercar, how do you kno you're getting what you paid for??? every fool wants to get a lamborghini, but in reality, it sucks.. its very fragile, you cant see much of your surroundings, its very uncomfortable, and you look dumb getting in and out of it..but it does look cool.. oh well, you may never, but i will someday.. :tpp:

If I made tons of money, I'd call it a life and not worry about buying an expensive supercar. Now that I think of it, somebody would look funny pulling up to a big mansion in a civic on rotas, getting out and then having some guy valet your car for you. That'd be funny...

yeah, like most cars its in the personality.

Reliablity wise - what can you say it's an acura. They last a while, but my opinion if the car ran mid 12's and the way it looks then I justify the price.

And I meant maintenance wise a bitch to work on because we just installed a new clutch and flywheel into it, and let me tell you this installing the antenna mast was a pain in the fucking ass.

It's one thing to take it to the dealer and yes we have dealerships that stock on a lot of faulty issues that run on the nsx, you don't hear about them simply because chances are you don't know that many people wiht them.

The NSX had a recall on the PS system for the 95-96 which is a problem we had, clutch gave out after 40k but that is probably due to the driver"s" :D other than that like I stated above, I personally feel it's overrated, but none the less a pimp ass looking car, moved decent, feels nice inside, but for the price a little too much.

I think a price tag of 55k would justify it a little better brand new.

Like I said overpriced, not overrated. I totally understand where you are coming from, but I think that engine has the best potential in the world. Turbo that sucker and you can run mid 11's, but for $100,000 after a turbo, running 11's, not many Supercars can do that.

Back