supercharge or swap?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ignorant import guy

i have a d16y8 with small mods and the biggest problem an automatic tranny? looking for opinions...should i swap with a b16 or b18 with a manual tranny or supercharge with a higher stall torqueconverter? i know the manual is a huge plus but i thought maybe a torque converter with the supercharger might make up for it...i have people doing my work so that's not an issue...i also calculated and they'll both cost between $2000-$2300

id say keep the y8 and supercharge. it can make some good power and in the end its more fun to say your supercharged.

i have a d16y8 with small mods and the biggest problem an automatic tranny? looking for opinions...should i swap with a b16 or b18 with a manual tranny or supercharge with a higher stall torqueconverter? i know the manual is a huge plus but i thought maybe a torque converter with the supercharger might make up for it...i have people doing my work so that's not an issue...i also calculated and they'll both cost between $2000-$2300
I say go with a B20vtec. If patient you can obtain all swap parts and still be under 2300 and B20vtecs run very hard even in stock form.

the SOHC make great torque for what they produce, why throw that away with a supercharger. Id go turbo. You can make bigger numbers, and you have alot more control over things with a turbo charger. Are you worried about turob lag?

how much do you think a b20 vtec with a gsr tranny would cost to swap into a eg hatch and what do you think it'll run in the 1/4 mile

yea with an automatic tranny i'm already down a gear so i figured from a dig a turbo wouldn't really help me until 4000 rpm...that number is probably way lower on a manual just for the fact that a manual's first gear is lower than mine is being that an automatic has to make up for top speed in fifth...and what car is the b20 in...i see a b20b from a cr-v but i don't think it's a vtec...what's the actual number- b20what?

Last edited:
Back