Supercharge or Turbo?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tek-C

I have a 98 EX D16y8 with just a CAI, headers, and exhaust. I want some boost, but just need some pointers, like which would be best to go with, and then what all do I need to do so I wont blow up my engine? Kinda new to the whole boost thing, so any help would be appreciated...

so basically just replace my pistons with low compression pistons, replace the rods, and replace my fuel management system? are there anything else, seems like theres more.

you can buy a greddy kit with the fmic on your engine and daily drive with no problem - thats if all you want is just a little boost

on a d16 you dont need to lower your compression at all, shit if you want you can raise it a bit!!! just get some good fuel management and good tuning you should be alllll set. you really dont need new pistons and rods unless you plan on running more than 12+ psi. YOU can run 10psi daily with some decent fuel management.

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Oct 23 2003, 07:45 PM
on a d16 you dont need to lower your compression at all, shit if you want you can raise it a bit!!! just get some good fuel management and good tuning you should be alllll set. you really dont need new pistons and rods unless you plan on running more than 12+ psi. YOU can run 10psi daily with some decent fuel management.

I agree. I guess it depends what kind of horsepower figures you're looking to get out of it... then we could tell you what kinda turbo setup you'd need, and what kinda parts you would need to support that.

Back