supercharged b18

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

considering getting a supercharger kit for my gsr any thoughts, experiences, best brands out there (jackson racing, comptech, ect) ...

Jackson Racing and Comptech are both quality companies. For about the same amount of money though you could turbo and make more hp. Just a thought!

personally i woul go turbo but i do have an issue of honda tuning where the bolted on a comptech with aftercooler and made a 100 wheel horsepower with it that pretty decent...but like i said if it were me i would go turbo

well my ration for this is that turbcharging changes the powerband and you have surges in it and lag and from my understanding supercharging just bascally takes the power you have and amplifies it as opposed to changing the frequency of it plus with a supercharger i can keep compression ratio the way it is im still fickle though because i dont really know enough about either to make an informed decision

Originally posted by driver1@Jan 23 2004, 11:42 AM
personally i woul go turbo but i do have an issue of honda tuning where the bolted on a comptech with aftercooler and made a 100 wheel horsepower with it that pretty decent...but like i said if it were me i would go turbo

well, its not the # of hp gained, its when and where the hp is gained.

100 hp from a blower is great, but front wheel drive cars like ours benefit from maxemizing their strenghts, and dealing with loads of low end power and torque is not one of them.

If you decided to turbo your car and gained lets say 90hp (just to prove my point) the power wouldnt come right away (turbo lag) but it would be available from 3krpms to your redline (unlike a blower which becomes less effective as more stress is put on the crank pulley).

One thing to consider with a frontwheel drive car is the issue of traction. If you cant get traction you arent going to go anywhere so to speak, and in this case, a turbo would be your friend, because you will be able to hook up nice off the line and then your power will kick in.

hope that helps

honestly it depends all on what you do, if you auto-x then Supercharger or a real small fast spooling turbo are the way to go. If you want stupid amounts of horsepower then go turbo.

Back