supercharged b18b

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

00dxhatch

i finally decided to go with the b18b this will be my first non vtec motor i did the b16a b18c h22 and had my s2000 for a year before i missed my civic. everyone i've talked to said dont get the b18b stay vtec and dont supercharge go turbo. so i've decided to go supercharged b18b. but i know the charger is smaller than the one for the vtec motors so the more boost i use the more heat soak i'll have. so i cant decide between uping the compression a little like 10:1 or getting a trans with closer gears. or do you think i should just up the boost to 9lbs. anyone thats had a jrsc b18b i would like to here your experince.

get a b16 or gsr tranny... it will help acceleration considerably
leave the compression where it is. Get the stock kit, and when you get bored, get a smaller pulley, some injectors, and tune!

Tuning is definitely a good idea.. and pretty much necessary with the upgraded boost pulley. But either way it will make you much more power and keep your engine safe if you get a good engine management setup to compliment the supercharger.

I agree with buying a shorter B16 or GSR trans and leaving your compression where it is.. the Jackson kits don't work as well when you start changing the engine configuration around from what I've seen. In addition to that the lower compression will make it harder to see any detonation and easier to tune safely for more power.

Last edited:
Back