Supercharged B20/VTEC?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SCCAEK21

I have done a lot of different kind's of Frankinstien motor's, but I wnat to to something I've never done. This is what I was thinking:

Bottom end:

Sleeves
worked over stock crank
Custom forged rod's
Custom forged piston's with 11:1 cr
Balanced blueprinted
Etc.

Head:

Stage 3 head by Cosworth

Then I was thinking throwing a supercharger on top of that

My question is can it be done? I have never heard of one. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

of course it can be done.. be sure to get a good tune though.. that compression is a little high for boost

CR isnt that high. I can think of a couple of motor's that have high CR stock and they throw supercharger's on them. B18C5, K20A, F22C, etc. So is it like bolting one up to a B18C1 basically. Im just glad I can get some input. Its going in My scca EK hatch.

Has anyone else done this or heard of this before? I need as much info as possible.

Over all your plan is sound and with a proper port job and good tuning you can have a very linear power band (lots of fun) . talk you plan over with the porter , stage 3 port jobs usally are for all out race motors runnning High rpm , supercharges usally are for low to moderate rpm , but sometime run out of compressor efficiency at higer rpms (boost limit and surge bad for supercharger and engine ) good luck , just be prepaired to spend a good deal of money

Thanks for the info. Im going to be spending around 3500 On the head and COSWORTH is going to be taking care of it. A friend I are in the stage's of fabing an heat exchanger so I can run higher boost level's with the supercharger.

Last edited:
Back