1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supercharged B20/VTEC?

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by SCCAEK21, Jul 3, 2008.

1. SCCAEK21

SCCAEK21 New Member

I have done a lot of different kind's of Frankinstien motor's, but I wnat to to something I've never done. This is what I was thinking:

Bottom end:

Sleeves
    worked over stock crank
    Custom forged rod's
    Custom forged piston's with 11:1 cr
    Balanced blueprinted
    Etc.

Head:

Stage 3 head by Cosworth

Then I was thinking throwing a supercharger on top of that

My question is can it be done? I have never heard of one. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

2. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

of course it can be done.. be sure to get a good tune though.. that compression is a little high for boost

3. SCCAEK21

SCCAEK21 New Member

CR isnt that high. I can think of a couple of motor's that have high CR stock and they throw supercharger's on them. B18C5, K20A, F22C, etc. So is it like bolting one up to a B18C1 basically. Im just glad I can get some input. Its going in My scca EK hatch.

4. SCCAEK21

SCCAEK21 New Member

Has anyone else done this or heard of this before? I need as much info as possible.

5. Bkkfarang

Bkkfarang New Member

Over all your plan is sound and with a proper port job and good tuning you can have a very linear power band (lots of fun) . talk you plan over with the porter , stage 3 port jobs usally are for all out race motors runnning High rpm , supercharges usally are for low to moderate rpm , but sometime run out of compressor efficiency at higer rpms (boost limit and surge bad for supercharger and engine ) good luck , just be prepaired to spend a good deal of money

6. SCCAEK21

SCCAEK21 New Member

Thanks for the info. Im going to be spending around 3500 On the head and COSWORTH is going to be taking care of it. A friend I are in the stage's of fabing an heat exchanger so I can run higher boost level's with the supercharger.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2008
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted