Supercharged GS-R

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pewble

Help me! I was wondering if getting a USDM or JDM GS-R Motor would be better with a supercharger. The USDM one has a little bit lower compression (10.1:1) and the JDM one is 10.1:1. I know its not much of a difference, but wont i get more power after boost with the lower compression? Also, does the JDM motor have a stronger VTEC system? thanks.

no there is no such thing as a stronger vtec system.

if you're going to SC it.. aren't you going to change the internals anyways?? change the C/R?? so it probably doenst matter

Jackson racing supercharger. Using stock internals, it runs at 6 PSI. Do i need to upgrade internals for the 9 PSI boost upgrade?

i'd suggest it.. if you have the cash.. might as well.. its insurance

dont really have that cash its either all motor or the 6 PSI i guess. What would you do is 3 grand worth the 6 PSI? or should i drop 3 on rebuilding the motor and revving high? cause i live in minneapolis and the freeways are jammed, patrolled, and not long... not the best for FI....

JDMilan Posted on Jun 30 2003, 11:11 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jackson racing blows period, don't go with one of thier units

:ditto:

I've heard of so many problems with JR that I wouldn't go with one of their setups if someone gave me one.......

JR is pussy shit power between staying stock and fucking mild..........it is waste of money and fuck the roots type blower

yea.. supercharges just suck nuts in general i was uninformed when i posted this. turbo is the best FI. but fuck FI i dont need it im going all motor

Bringing dead threads back for the sake of adding zero value comments is a bad thing. Please refrain from doing so in the future.

Thread locked to prevent further post whoring.

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back