Supercharged H22A4 into Accord

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

turbochargehonda

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@May 17 2004, 04:56 PM
No, as sleepn_accord said, in order to get a Type-SH H22A4 into any car EXCEPT a Prelude Type-SH, you've got to do ALOT of work. A normal, non-ATTS H22A4 would work if you converted OBD's, but even then it's more work than you need.

Just start looking for a JDM OBD1 H22A. Cheaper in the long run, and almost a direct drop-in.
[post=333951]Quoted post[/post]​

hay i need sum help i have the complet front clip of a 99 lud sh h22a4 supercharged and turbo i was thinking of putting it in my 91 accord wagon is it that much trubble can it be done

I don't think the engine will fit into an Accord engine bay with the supercharger on it. If I remember my H22/Accord correctly, the stock manifold was already pushing up against the firewall. I don't believe a supercharger will fit.

hay i need sum help i have the complet front clip of a 99 lud sh h22a4 supercharged and turbo

wtf???

pics?????
TTIWWOP

measure the supercharger vs a stock intake manifold...
my friends has a 93 SE with H22 swap and its definately tight...

with some denting off the firewall it will / its been done- but this guy makes no sense supercharged and turbo- dual forced induction - faster motAr eVar

Holy crap I didn't even notice the turbo/supercharger thing. I am teh dumb. That's what I get for trying to post while dealing with a bunch of projects that are making me want to slam a baby's head against a wall.

Originally posted by turbochargehonda@Jul 22 2005, 12:34 AM
is it that much trubble
[post=529720]Quoted post[/post]​

I think if you can't spell complete or trouble, you're in for a world of hurt.

well that quote is right where ever it came from. You will have one hell of a time putting that thing in your car. is the 91 accord OBD-0 or 1?

Thats an OBD2 engine plus the ATTS tranny is gonna be a BITCH to do anything with. If its an automatic tranny id recommend selling the front clip on ebay to someone with a 5th Gen lude. That is going to be WAY TOO MUCH WORK for the results that youll get. Youll need new axles and mounts...then youll have to pray that those even work. If i were you i would not even consider the swap. Im kinda a pussy when it comes to doing really time involved swaps though. The most work im willing to do is put a 350 in a caprice...oh and take the head off of an LT-1 Camaro (dont EVER DO IT...ITS A TRAP!!!)

smart ass, you knew exactly what i meant...oh well he now has TWO new head gaskets, new valves, springs, rods and rockers.

Originally posted by reikoshea@Jul 23 2005, 08:12 AM
well that quote is right where ever it came from. You will have one hell of a time putting that thing in your car. is the 91 accord OBD-0 or 1?

Thats an OBD2 engine plus the ATTS tranny is gonna be a BITCH to do anything with. If its an automatic tranny id recommend selling the front clip on ebay to someone with a 5th Gen lude. That is going to be WAY TOO MUCH WORK for the results that youll get. Youll need new axles and mounts...then youll have to pray that those even work. If i were you i would not even consider the swap. Im kinda a pussy when it comes to doing really time involved swaps though. The most work im willing to do is put a 350 in a caprice...oh and take the head off of an LT-1 Camaro (dont EVER DO IT...ITS A TRAP!!!)
[post=530112]Quoted post[/post]​

thanks a bunch guys im new to this honda stuff i always had v8 engines buy the way the wagon is obd1. i think 92-96 lude engine will do correct? if so can i smack the sc head on that. im also biulding a 71 colt if anyone has a mazda 13btt engine for sale

you can put the head onto the engine, but i dont know if the sc will have clearance from the radiator.

ok, taking how i think you are thinking about setting it up: No, a jackson racing supercharger wont work with your accord. Most 4th gen prelude guys look at the clearance between the firewall and the intake manifold and think it would fit because there is some open space there, and from what I understand, accords have problems fitting aftermarket intake manifolds with the h22, therefore you have less space than the prelude to fit the supercharger on. Now, i have seen a Supercharger and Turbocharger on a Toyota MR2 engine 3SGTE where the intake side i a roots blower and exhaust side has a turbo. I guess they think they are having the best of the 2 worlds but I'll bet it'll cause more mechanical issues than dyno results. Now, I'm not sure what you are shooting for, but if I were you, I would just go N/A (infact, you should work on the head only) on your Accord wagon and prep it for sho. Let's face it, the Accord wagon is a heavy car. Sure you can build up the engine but you can only get so far and realize you should of saved money up for a lighter car and waited to drop the engine to something lighter and faster. Yeah, an Accord wagon fixed up is not very common, and would be somewhat unique, but.... you'll reach a point where you'll say "Why?" I still wish I had money and time to pull out my engine to slap in a EG hatch or the back of a Del Sol or even a CRX. But I do like my Prelude's styling :)

Although I agree with you on the weight, the extra weight is not very much more. A wagon LOOKS like a lot more car, but in reality, it's like making the trunk vertical and adding a little sheet metal to the top. I think it's about 100 pounds more than a 4 dr. sedan.

I've got a tow hitch and speaker box in my 4 dr, and I think it's fun.

A hatch would be quicker of course. Just make sure you get a 5 spd Wagon EX, don't mess around with an automatic LX if you want fast or luxury. I've had both, and the EX is actually much nicer....

Originally posted by DesertNightEagle@Jul 24 2005, 02:12 AM
ok, taking how i think you are thinking about setting it up: No, a jackson racing supercharger wont work with your accord. Most 4th gen prelude guys look at the clearance between the firewall and the intake manifold and think it would fit because there is some open space there, and from what I understand, accords have problems fitting aftermarket intake manifolds with the h22, therefore you have less space than the prelude to fit the supercharger on. Now, i have seen a Supercharger and Turbocharger on a Toyota MR2 engine 3SGTE where the intake side i a roots blower and exhaust side has a turbo. I guess they think they are having the best of the 2 worlds but I'll bet it'll cause more mechanical issues than dyno results. Now, I'm not sure what you are shooting for, but if I were you, I would just go N/A (infact, you should work on the head only) on your Accord wagon and prep it for sho. Let's face it, the Accord wagon is a heavy car. Sure you can build up the engine but you can only get so far and realize you should of saved money up for a lighter car and waited to drop the engine to something lighter and faster. Yeah, an Accord wagon fixed up is not very common, and would be somewhat unique, but.... you'll reach a point where you'll say "Why?" I still wish I had money and time to pull out my engine to slap in a EG hatch or the back of a Del Sol or even a CRX. But I do like my Prelude's styling :)
[post=530342]Quoted post[/post]​

thanks for the advice i do want the wagon for show it has lambo door/suicide doors in the rear carbon fiber lip kit and the entire roof is made of glass its hot ass hell ONE OFF A KIND but im stuck on the engine i think ill sell it and get a 92-95 lude

people still admire a clean looking engine, since it is for show just build up the h22 to a certain point, pay attention to the small details like powder coating brackets and such. You can still build it up so it has some balls where you arent spending a butt load of money on a turbo, as I said, build up your head and have some fun. As for going with a prelude, you are still talking about one of honda's heavier cars. Prelude's aren't exactly light. Here's a pic of my engine, right now being N/A for the time being, alot of people on HS like how it looks.
gallery_21906_80_732.jpg

I'd love to see some pics of your car, but if you want to go fast you need a light car, thats why i say civic hatch with a ls/vtec or gsr swap with the bottom end punched out to 2.0L and a built up head and of course a turbo. you'd be happy with the speed results.

Originally posted by tab@Jul 26 2005, 06:18 PM
Although I agree with you on the weight, the extra weight is not very much more. A wagon LOOKS like a lot more car, but in reality, it's like making the trunk vertical and adding a little sheet metal to the top. I think it's about 100 pounds more than a 4 dr. sedan.

A hatch would be quicker of course. Just make sure you get a 5 spd Wagon EX, don't mess around with an automatic LX if you want fast or luxury. I've had both, and the EX is actually much nicer....
[post=531586]Quoted post[/post]​

uhhh....... EX's are supposed to be nicer...... :huh:

also, i read before that the suzuki escudo pike's peak version was a twin engine supercharged and turbocharged awd vehicle.

Originally posted by hondarin+Aug 3 2005, 02:27 AM-->
@Jul 26 2005, 06:18 PM
Although I agree with you on the weight, the extra weight is not very much more.  A wagon LOOKS like a lot more car, but in reality, it's like making the trunk vertical and adding a little sheet metal to the top.  I think it's about 100 pounds more than a 4 dr. sedan.

A hatch would be quicker of course.  Just make sure you get a 5 spd Wagon EX, don't mess around with an automatic LX if you want fast or luxury.  I've had both, and the EX is actually much nicer....
[post=531586]Quoted post[/post]​

uhhh....... EX's are supposed to be nicer...... :huh:

also, i read before that the suzuki escudo pike's peak version was a twin engine supercharged and turbocharged awd vehicle.
[post=535048]Quoted post[/post]​

not to threadjack, but sunroof, alloys, better sound system, and more plush interior are the main differences. Also, the EX already has the IAB wired, and four disc ABS, which is a NICE option in the ice or wet roads. I used to like my LX, but I like the EX much more.

Back