supercharged intercooler?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I've heard about it but never really looked into it much. Anywhere I could look into that better? And what would the benefits of that be over nos ?

Nitrous and Meth are worlds apart, I'm on my phone now but when I get home ill post vids.

Nitrous and Meth are worlds apart, I'm on my phone now but when I get home ill post vids.
What does Meth Injection do? I read up a bit and saw an article that mixed water and Methanol 50/50 which would be good for high compression and detonation prevention or high boost pressure levels to prevent detonation.

That's been around for many years. It got started in WWII with the fighter aircraft at altitude needing a speed boost. Also used on diesel engines to run them on kerosene without detonation.

How is it used for street performance?

Meth injection is the answer to high HP street cars on pump gas. When meth/water is injected into the throttle body or intercooler it absorbs heat as it vaporizes and suppresses detonation, in return you get to advance timing to make more power on pump gas.

works great for SC or turbocharged street cars

sounds pretty interesting lol
on another note though if i did go the turbo route would it be essential for a turbo timer even being a small kit like that? and what about a boost control?

Last edited:
whered everyone go? just need to know and if they are what would be the best ones to look into? for the timer i was thinking greddy but the boost controller i dunno. but if i dont need them then that would be better.

you do not need a turbo timer on street cars, just use synthetic 10-30.

a good boost controller would be the hondata boost controller

If you don't drive your car hard right before you turn it off, or drive for hours at a time, then a turbo timer is not a necessity. The purpose of the turbo timer is to allow your car to idle for a couple min, so that hot oil in a super-hot center-section of a turbocharger doesn't sit in one place and burn. Basically, If you let your car idle for a couple min before you get out of it, you'd be fine.

Back