Supercharged ITR?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

A gsr motor or an ITR motor? The ITR is higher compression so you wont be able to use as much boost.

Originally posted by FutureITRCiv@Apr 14 2004, 01:15 PM
how much boost do you think it could handle with the stock components?

I don't know, doesn't the kit come with a 6 or 8 lb. pulley? This one guy was showing me his JRSC on his Si with the 8lb. pulley and he said he has been running on stock internals for a little over a year and hadn't had any problems. I'm not sure what he was using for tuning but I don't think it was hondata.

JRSC kits are set up to run on the cars they are built for. More than one Type -R has come in to the dealer on a flat bed from one of these though. The compression is just awfully high to run a roots type blower with the intake temps in sunny Ga. I would definately run hondata.

Originally posted by cws13@Apr 17 2004, 09:50 AM
JRSC kits are set up to run on the cars they are built for. More than one Type -R has come in to the dealer on a flat bed from one of these though. The compression is just awfully high to run a roots type blower with the intake temps in sunny Ga. I would definately run hondata.

i guess you dont know that jrsc makes a charger for the type r.

from talking to people who have run the JRSC on ITR engines i keep hearing the same response..... "not worth it".... everyone i know that has used one has ripped it off, sold it and either went with an NA build or a turbo setup

Originally posted by vtecsir1@Apr 17 2004, 10:42 AM

i guess you dont know that jrsc makes a charger for the type r.

Umm yeah I do, that has nothing to do with my post. They also make 100 Hp. dry shot kits that you can put on your HF, that doesn't necessarily make it a good fucking idea. I look at a JR kit for a type -R an overpriced way to cut the life of a very expensive motor way down.

The beaty of a type -R is that it is a great N/A car. If boost is a must, I would run a tiny turbo and never push over 5 pounds or so. Coming into full boost at very low RPM's wouldn't deviate too much from the drivability characteristics that make a Type-R what it is and make it hella fun to drive. It would also be easier on the engine.

Back