Supercharged prelude PROB PLEASE HELP!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ryangt

whats up guys i just got a 01 prelude with a Jackson racing supercharger
its got some problems im tryin to work out.
its idleing really low, and will shut off when, you push in the clutch, it idles all the way down and just dies or idles really low like 300rpm
it just threw a cel but i dont know what for yet i havent been able to get to the auto shop, its not pulling too hard either, it dosent seem supercharged or like the vtec is comming on, anyone have any input, im really desperate to get this thing working right.
please help asap guys
Thanks in advance

pull the CEL dude...

there's prob a good chance that will lead you to the problem...

you didn;t give any info worth a damn...
my car idles low and will stall if you push the clutch in???
wtf is that

do you know how to access the CEL?
if not you need to do your research...
look in the refrence section here for ecu error codes and CEL codes...

clutch goes in engine idles low or dies, it sounds like i was describing what happens and the problem at hand geez, i would pull the cel code but i dont have a code reader here and noone around her does either, does anyone know if honda charges to pull the code?

how come your thread says jackson, but your sig says comptech?

do you even know what you have?

becuz the comptech is on the S2K if you even bothered to look instead of making rude comments. The jackson is on the prelude which i just purchased, it isnt on my profile yet.

whoa, slow your roll...
i don;t think you realize who you're talking to like that...

and maybe if you didn;t have a typo in your sig then people would know its an S2K, instead of S200, which is a hondata system...

did you ever try to bite your ear??
its really cool...

so captain cranky pants, did you try and pull the CEL code? or you just came to bitch cause people were being rude and not understanding your hacked sig?

Originally posted by reckedracing@Mar 20 2005, 05:00 PM
whoa, slow your roll...
i don;t think you realize who you're talking to like that...

and maybe if you didn;t have a typo in your sig then people would know its an S2K, instead of S200, which is a hondata system...

did you ever try to bite your ear??
its really cool...

so captain cranky pants, did you try and pull the CEL code? or you just came to bitch cause people were being rude and not understanding your hacked sig?
[post=476213]Quoted post[/post]​

Dude relax, you cam in his thread acting really cocky and then turned into a strait bitch. Now i dont want my comments to hurt any dialog we might have in the future, but come on. And im sure if it were not for you comments he would not have been mouthin of to sol. So every one just relax, this guys local here in cali and we like locals so just chill.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Mar 20 2005, 05:15 PM
i might be bustin his balls but i'm still trying to help him get his car running right...
[post=476220]Quoted post[/post]​

LOL yeah but give him a break cmon man. I wouldint even blame where you whent with it though you didnt give him a good chance.

make sure you a getting proper fuel supply and check your spark - some little steps you can check in a madder of minuetes - just trying to help- also make sure all sensors are plugged in on the supercharger, and the main supercharger pulley has enough tension on it

Originally posted by SolLess16@Mar 25 2005, 10:03 PM
make sure you a getting proper fuel supply and check your spark - some little steps you can check in a madder of minuetes - just trying to help- also make sure all sensors are plugged in on the supercharger, and the main supercharger pulley has enough tension on it
[post=478807]Quoted post[/post]​

Check the PGM relay under the driver's footwell. That is a common fail spot for Preludes that do anything to change fuel consumption (forced induction, performance swaps, even high-flow fuel pumps). If the relay is failing, you run a high risk of destroying your ignition coil. If you have cold-start issues, I can almost 100% assure you it is the PGM relay. You can nab the relay for about $60 online.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Mar 19 2005, 06:32 PM
are you fucking challenged???

i told you to look in the refrence section...
how fucking easy do i need to make this for you...???

https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29806

here's the fucking article you lazy fuck...
READ IT
it tells you how to pull codes...
[post=475829]Quoted post[/post]​

he said he had an '01 prelude, but the code trick says it only works to '98. maybe that's why he hasn't tried it. just a thought.

Back