Supercharger Or Supercharger?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

king_stu

anyone fancy telling me which supercharger works best for them (vortech or jacksons)

i really fancy a charger (it's were a live thats made that choice for me, in england small tight roads) as it lets me have all the power all the time, right through till the redline.

the jackson charger worrys me a bit due to the fact the it bolts on direct to the main block. won't that stress the bolt holes? <_<

any thoughts guys would be helpful
cheers! :D

sisteve went 13.8@96 with a JRSC and exahust, stock 6psi pulley.

I would go with the jackson over the vortech any day

is there any way of increasing the boast that the jackson charger makes?
is that what you meant when you said "using the 6psi pulley"?

the pulley size that the belt sits on effects the speed that the super spins at.

6 psi is stock pulley, they make a 9 and a 12 as well i beleive.

BTW- that was in a 99 civic si with b16a2

so would it be best to stay with the 6psi pulley for day to day driving?
i really only use the car for a little bit of fun to wipe the smiles off people when they see me!

but big boost sounds like fun!

Vortech is a friction supercharger, and JRSC is a non-friction, thus friction superchargers do cause more lag and detonation.....go JRSC

Originally posted by king_stu@Mar 21 2003, 11:19 AM
so would it be best to stay with the 6psi pulley for day to day driving?
i really only use the car for a little bit of fun to wipe the smiles off people when they see me!

but big boost sounds like fun!

my buddy runs the larger pulley on his gsr, daily driven for over a year and no problems.

i'm guess that the jackson charger wins?!?! :)

i've head of a ventrui plate that goes between the intake maniford and the main block. would this piece of kit still be of any use or should i just scrap the idea and buy a smaller pulley for the charger?

the only real reason i'm not going down the turbo route is because of were i live:
ENGLAND!
i'm more into the wolf in sheeps clothing....
the nosie of a turbo (really only nosie when you have a waste gate) and the sight of a intercooler might scare people of, where as the charger is more hidden.
also i've not foound anyone who really imports turbos here in the uk.

what are the HKS turbine turbos like any good? :worthy: or :(

cheers guys

HKS is one of the best.. Actually any of the Blitz, Trust (Greddy), etc are good and are race proven.. most of them use modified Garrett turbines anyway..just get a smaller turbo and you'll be fine.. B16s need to stay in the top of the rev band to maker power anyhow.. just my 2 cents.. later

http://www.ks-motorsports.com

visit this site. they offer good quality turbo kits at low prices.
they can give you advice on running safe on turbo.
im willing to buy one from them. for installation yo need access to a dyno and an experienced tuner.
if i have found both in PERU, you will definitely find them in GB

so, you have a civic 1.6vti just like mine?¡

Up until recently I thoght it was widely known that the JRSC sucks. This has been discussed time and time again on honda-tech. The max-rev kits are a good deal in my opinon, although they aren't the best quality of parts, but they are one of the better kits on the market.

And smaller turbo? any b-series runs well with a T3/To4E 57 trim .63 A/R.

Originally posted by viciousracing@Mar 21 2003, 09:26 AM
Vortech is a friction supercharger, and JRSC is a non-friction, thus friction superchargers do cause more lag and detonation.....go JRSC

What the hell are you talking about? Do you even know?

With the addition of a hondata computer and a stepper pully, the Jackson kits are quite nice. They just make the stock motors feel bigger. Roots blowers like the Eaton in the JR kit are best for daily driving due to the low end response.

so whats the overall consensus on the JRSC?

yea or nay?

can you put it on a y8 (96 ex stock) and make it a high 13 sec. daily driver?

from what i hear Jackson sucks. I first found out about this after a editor of a car magazine purchased the JRSC and found out it started to leak oil. The people at Jackson Racing (its actually another company, the name Jackson Racing was bought). They refused to repair or replace the supercharger.

Back