Supercharger Vs Turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicspeed

I am plaing on buildind a street car that will serve as my daily driver. I need a reliable car, but i also want to get plenty of power.

I have heard many arguements in favor of turbo and just as many in favor of Supercharging, so i am rather confused about what i should do :blink:.

I plan on dropin a GSR engine into my 97 civic 2dr which should i do for the best street car??

peace

if you plan on serious racing/tuning, get a turbo simply because it is infinetly more tunable with different parts and setups, making it possible to achieve a "near perfect" boost setup for your specific engine or type of driving. the supercharger is fine if you don't mind not having any upgrading/modifying options (besides air/fuel ratio).

also, at higher altitudes and lower air pressures, turbos OWN!

You are going to spend more money on the turbo when it comes down to it but it will also yield better results. The supercharger would be best for AutoX but it would still allow you to be atleast somewhat competitive with other modded cars. If you want to go kind of fast buy a Supercharger. If you want to go really fast buy a Turbocharger.

Peace*

so you would suggest a super charger for an automatic?

ZEX makes a Torque converter.. not sure if its for the d-series auto or b-series auto.

hello and welcome to the 1994 - 2001 Acura Integra GS, LS, RS, and Se

Back