Supercharger

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

KyleCrews

Just wondering if anyone knows of a company that makes a supercharger for the 92 - 95 prelude h22's. My friend is dead set on getting a supercharger on his car because he hates turbos. Anyway if anyone knows of a company that makes them or knows of on that can be made to fit on the h22's I believe his is a 95. Thanks

first of all smack that kid up a lil bit, 2nd if he is absolutley set on a sc (tell him im sorry if he ever runs into a turbo set up) that, jrsc, Jackson Racing Super Chargers (Moss Motors) makes a kit for the h22 (not sure what years but u can always custom fab it) and im not sure if vortech makes a kit for the h22....

Originally posted by deth101@Jun 28 2003, 12:54 PM
traction can be a major issue w/sc'ed h22's

Traction can be an issue with ANY FWD Boosted cars

(tell him im sorry if he ever runs into a turbo set up)

That just another example of turbo hype (2Fast 2Furious :lol: :thumbsdown:).

Fact= The first 200 mph streetable B16A Civic was Vortech supercharged (made 600+hp to the wheels). It wasnt done by a million dollar budget team, just some guys with a little imagination, alot of willpower and a :worthy: Hondata. Check Hondata's website for the info.

Fact=The V5 SQ G-Trim (B16A kit) can support up 575hp @ 25psi. The V-4 XX-TRIM can support up to 1400+hp @ 29psi and they have one bigger than that.

And yes traction will be a problem if you cant launch. Learn to launch the car and get some slicks. Problem solved and you'ed kill a equally powered turbo car out the hole every time (Can you say "Hole Shot").

The supercharger do have thier pro's and cons but dont just say a turbo car is faster or can be faster than a supercharged one cuz thats just plain ignorant.

And to KyleCrews, im planning on doing the same thing (i dont like turbo's either). But Vortech doesnt make a kit for H22A's so it'll have to be custom fab and i dont really like the JRSC.

We found the Supercharger from JR but its only for the h22 from 97 up. How hard would it be to make it fit on the older preludes? Would it be something we could do or would we have to take it somewhere?

i dont really like the JRSC

whats wrong with the JRSC?

Im going to reveal a little known con in the import performance market. Some companies give a different product number for the same part. What they then do is charge different prices for the same parts for different cars.

EG: 4 Cylinder 98-02 Accord Flywheel= Part#XXXX-XXXX-12 $350
Prelude 97-02 Flywheel= Part#XXXX-XXXX-11 $375
Acura CL 97-02 Accord Flywheel= Part#XXXX-XXXX-14 $325
9x-97 Accord Flywheel= Part#XXXX-XXXX-15 $275

All the above parts are the same thing as all F and H series flywheels and clutches are the same and are interchangable.

Now the only differences in the H series that ive heard about is the Euro R with its single plenum intake manifold (bolts up slightly different) but that aside all the H series are the same. So as long as the intake manifold is the same as the 97 up H series (which is very likely) it should wotk as long as the crank pulley is able to turn the JRSC.

Sorry its didnt notice your previos post. I dont like the JRSC because of where it operates.

Since it replaces the intake manifold, it builds boost in the manifold itself (hot compressed air sent into the combustion chamber) which makes conventional intercooling impossible.

That being said the chemical intercooler that the JRSC uses is not very effective when compared to the air to air technology.

Some have used the Eaton supercharger (JRSC) and placed it elswhere in the engine bay but where it can still be connected to the crank pulley (Miata). This allows for the use of conventional intercooling which I think is much better.

intercooling isn't impossible.. a friend just bought a 03 cobra with the roots style and it has an intercooler.. water to air to be exact. The IC is mounted under the blower and there is a heat exchanger mounted behind the front bumper.

Its not impossible, but would take a fabricator to do it.

JDMSpecAccordSir-T

You said you plan on supercharging. I'm guessing since you don't like JR then your probably going Vortech. Have you researched into how hard the custom fab would be.

And to Domeskilla

any more info on how your friends intercooler works. Is is a JRSC. thanks

no, its an eaton supercharger.. its on a 03 mustang cobra.. not sure how it works, he lives in texas, but in acouple of weeks, i'll be moving, so i can get more of a hands on. But the by the looks ofit.. it uses a resivor on the side with lines going to it and they run under the eaton to the IC and then out the other side, and either through the heat exchanger, radiator.. or something to cool it back down, before it enters the resivor agan.

Originally posted by JDMSpecAccordSir-T@Jun 28 2003, 02:16 PM
(tell him im sorry if he ever runs into a turbo set up)

That just another example of turbo hype (2Fast 2Furious :lol: :thumbsdown:).

Fact= The first 200 mph streetable B16A Civic was Vortech supercharged (made 600+hp to the wheels). It wasnt done by a million dollar budget team, just some guys with a little imagination, alot of willpower and a :worthy: Hondata. Check Hondata's website for the info.

Fact=The V5 SQ G-Trim (B16A kit) can support up 575hp @ 25psi. The V-4 XX-TRIM can support up to 1400+hp @ 29psi and they have one bigger than that.

And yes traction will be a problem if you cant launch. Learn to launch the car and get some slicks. Problem solved and you'ed kill a equally powered turbo car out the hole every time (Can you say "Hole Shot").

The supercharger do have thier pro's and cons but dont just say a turbo car is faster or can be faster than a supercharged one cuz thats just plain ignorant.

And to KyleCrews, im planning on doing the same thing (i dont like turbo's either). But Vortech doesnt make a kit for H22A's so it'll have to be custom fab and i dont really like the JRSC.

this is why i dont post very often on this board anymore...people that tell me that i dont know what im talking about and that all my knowledge comes from 2gay 2homo hype.... :rolleyes: whatever thats fine. im not sure what JDMSpecAccordSir-T has experience with or has been around, but what i can offer you is my opinion/knowledge of what i have seen and experienced which is turbo owns. I have yet to see a street legal mustang that can put down 8 second timeslips from a blower without n2o. I have seen a mustang put down mid 8's on a custom PT88 set up. Now that is on a v8, if a blower cant keep up with a turbo on a v8 that has all the low end in the world to turn it, then what can it keep up on? Now if your planning on s/c an import have fun, but i garuntee that a good turbo set up will smoke circles around a good s/c set up anyday. if what JDMSpecAccordSir-T is so absolutly true, then why dont we see more s/c imports running 11's or 10's like the turbo imports can...hmmm just some food for thought, and no hard feelings JDMSpecAccordSir-T, just dont tell me what i know and what i dont know please ;)

First of all. Dont take it personal. A lot of people swear by turbos as the ultimate (and only) way to go fast, which I guess you also believe in?? You think that only turbocharged V8's can run 8's.
Long before turbos became popular they were supercharged V8's running 8's so how limited is your knowledge?

Second of all a T88 is not exactly your run of the mill turbo is it? With a custom setup!?!? Thats a huge f@#!ing turbo. Capable of supporting 1200hp+. Now the supercharger on the other hand was probably a stock bolt on unit. Put a 1200hp supercharger on that Mustang and he too can run 8's.

Not that im pressing the V8 issue but 99% of the Mustangs, Corvettes etc etc use superchargers to make serious power (NHRA?).

Yes they can use a turbo because they have alot of displacement which helps the turbo spool quicker. But they choose a supercharger. Why? Because it provides a broader powerband, excellent lowend torque and next to no lag which rules the strip.

I dont hate turbos really i just hate people who think of turbos as the only way to go fast.

Now that have that off my chest what do u have to support this statement?

Now if your planning on s/c an import have fun, but i garuntee that a good turbo set up will smoke circles around a good s/c set up anyday.

Do you realize that what you're saying? You're saying that a 275hp S/C car vs a 275hp Turbo car that are identical in every way, that the S/C car with more bottom end and next to no lag (broader powerband) will be beaten by a lag prone turbo car (peaky powerband)?

This ones for you.
:bs:

(If thats what you're trying to say that is)

To reply to Kyle, my car doesnt have a powersteering pump (came from factory that way and uses a electronic servo instead) so i was planning on mounting it there (custom mounts) and getting a USDM crankshaft pully (mine only uses one belt) to turn the S/C. I think it may kinda tight with the hood but i would need a Vortech S/C to really get the measurements and bolt patterns to see if it was feasible.

The Eaton style can also work just mount it somewhere where it can be turned by the crank, fabricate something to route the compressed air to the intercooler and then to the intake manifold and then tune like crazy and then tell me how you did it :lol: .

To reply to Domeskilla, sorry guy. when i said impossible i meant impossible to those who dont have access to a fab shop (me) :( . So the intercooler is mounted between the intake manifold and the S/C. Interesting. Yup, water to air is probably the only way to go on that setup since the air doesnt run through any piping and is forced directly into the manifold. That would explain the heat exchanger and the water return lines. I actually meant impossible for conventional intercooling (with pipes and a FMIC/Air-Water) with the JRSC.

But you have to admit, to fabricate something like that for a JRSC on a Honda, you better have a degree or some shit or have Bill Gates for your daddy :lol: .

That, again, is why I would prefer the Vortech.

For Integra1990
This just came to me (another V8 thing).

Whats the most horsepower you've seen from a turbo car?

I can guarantee its nowhere near 4000+ hp seen in S/C topfuel drag car.

Originally posted by JDMSpecAccordSir-T@Jul 1 2003, 12:01 PM
For Integra1990
This just came to me (another V8 thing).

Whats the most horsepower you've seen from a turbo car?

I can guarantee its nowhere near 4000+ hp seen in S/C topfuel drag car.

can you say turbo = illegal in top fuel? if you watch those racers talk about how they feel about turbos all they do is bitch about how they should have their own seperate class and blablabla.

and now i wasnt saying a 275 hp sc will lose to a 275 hp turbo, what i meant was how many s/c imports do you see around town running 11's or 10's? i cant say i have seen any....another thing, there are gives and takes from each set up like anything in life...the s/c will own a turbo in the 1/8th mile or auto-x bc of its great low end power, that i can agree with completely...but in a 1/4 mile drag race or longer, the turbo will own for a few reasons, first being if you picked the right turbo you can use lag to help you launch without smoking your tires through 3 gears(im talking about on street tires), second yes the turbo wont make power until the top of the power band, BUT this is better for drag racing IMO. the facts are the s/c'er will make its top pressure lower in the power band, but by the time it reaches the mid/upper part of the power band it will be blowing about as hard as the wings on a gnat. while the turbo will be boosting tons of pressure and passing the s/c'ed car with ease.

all im saying is, if he wants to s/c his h22, then look around you, you may see a couple 13 or 12 sec s/c h22's but find the turbo ones and youll be lookin at 11 or 10 second cars if set up properly...

:lol: Another Turbo vs. Supercharger debate.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Jul 1 2003, 01:36 PM
:lol: Another Turbo vs. Supercharger debate.

haha i know, its unavoidable...but i like a good healthy arguement, actually im thinking about buying a jeep wrangler, and im lookin into finding(but its hard for the wranglers) a s/c'er for it.

Back