Supercharger

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wisemansoji

I found a 97 b18b1 in a wrecker with a jacksonracing supercharger on it. I got a 2000 b16a2 in my 94 HB and I was wondering if this supercharger would do my engine some good. Cuz I can get all the partss I need for around 400$ I don't know much about superchargers I read a lil about belt timing and a few other things, does the compression of my engine need to be modified and what else would need to be changed on my engine for a jackson racing supercharger. I just use my car for every day driving and I'd like to get a lil more power outta my engine.

only nods till this date
Spoon header
skunk2 cam gears
aem intake
apexi cat back exaust

so a b18b1 IM wont bolt to a b16a head?

pick up the supercharger regardless, its worth more than $400. if you know anyone at your local machine shop they can actually fabricate an IM so you can use the jackson with your b16.

well ive always been told; read, that all b series parts can mix minus the bastard gsr head due to a different bold pattern. if a b18b IM cant swap over to a b16 head, then look around for a b16 IM. then with the IM and SC, go to a machine shop/fabrication shop and tell the guy what you need done. i would also tell him to place the SC slightly higher for a more direct shot into the intake runners, which will help power and atomization.

i think for right now you should get the SC and sit on it. maybe put it up for sale at auction sites and see if you can make money off of it. in the meantime, you should read about engine building techniques.

general rule is with more air you need more fuel. and with more comes possible detonation problems, which i highly doubt you would have to worry about with a stock JSC pulley.

Fuck it, get the B18B1 and pull the B16A2 out and replace with the SC'ed LS, what's the issue.

how bad was the wreck? anything wrong with the motor or SC? yeah that's true, it can be fabricated to fit the bolt pattern of the b16 intake manifold. otherwise sell it and save up for a JRSC for a b16.

Dude, just pull the WHOLE B18B1 w/ supercharger on it, out of the wrecked car, and put it in yours, sell you B16A2 for more than you buy the LS from the junkyard for, and go out and be faster.

:withstupid:

the JRSC comes with all the fmu stuff...

just install a feul pump... and you're done

Back