supercharger

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'm picking up a supercharger and a d15b7 in like a week. I already plan on putting a z6 head on the b7 for a little more added power.

I was wondering do b7 rods have the same kind of power rating as other D's? ~220ish

The only reason why I ask is the supercharger I'm getting the guy says that it's got an 8 pound pulley instead of the 6 and I know it's only 2 pounds but I was wondering if that could make or break the engine? I plan on getting it tuned before I even start it, you know to at least have a base map so I don't blow it up

is there anything that I should look out for when I install this kit?
and any tips would be great.

Thanks!

The eaton blowers tend to create lots of heat, especially when you crank up the boost. Be careful on long high speed pulls during prolonged boost. The intake temps can get up there, causing detonation. Make sure to inspect the blower before you buy it. The rotors have a clear coating on them that will flake off if it has seen extreme temperatures. I'm not really sure how this effects it's performance tho. Also make sure it spins freely and there is no play in the shaft or signs of leaking.

As for the installation, just get an II from the website. Make sure all the nuts, bolts, and hoses are there, if not, replace them at the hardware store.

Back