Supercharging a hybrid EF Civic...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Vanimaniac

Hey guys, I've been searching the forums trying to find out if anyone has dropped in a supercharger on their swapped EF. So far I can't seem to find any solid evidence of anyone having done this.

Just wanting to know if there is room in the engine bay to do this.

Looking to get an 88 or 89 hatch, swapping in an LS, and then in the future supercharging it (if possible). Any other engines to consider maybe? Figure one with a lower compression is safer right?

This car will be strictly for autocrossing where low end power is important. Not really interested in tracking it.

Thanks for any help.

Van

a few people have done it. its a VERY tight fit. i think hmotors sells a supercharger kit designed for the instalation into a swapped ef. theres one or two people with a supercharged b16 on honda-tech.

A guy on the forms just super charger a fodo. i think its a 1.6 SOHC but not sure. search supercharged the fodo i think that was the name. hit him up for info

Originally posted by drpenguin@Sep 22 2005, 02:47 PM
A guy on the forms just super charger a fodo. i think its a 1.6 SOHC but not sure. search supercharged the fodo i think that was the name. hit him up for info
[post=558611]Quoted post[/post]​

This guy? Supercharged FoDo by Prowler

Very nice setup but I'm looking for evidence that it has been done on an EF. My brother has a JRSC on his Ford Focus with a big boost kit. Put down around 175WHP (corrected). Autocrossing the car is fun but without an LSD all we're getting is wheelspin!

We'd like to start an EF project but before we get involved with a swap, we just want to know which particular engine will be more conducive to a blower in the future.

Thanks guys.
Van

Back