Supercharging a type R

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wisemansoji

I can get a 97 b18a1 engine with a jackson racing super charger and the super charger kit all on the engine, injectors,fuel rail, fuel pump, pullies, found this in a junkyard. All this and complete engine and tranny for 2500$ canadian the guy selling it doesn't know what its worth. The motors only has 70, 000km on it, but my question is will all these parts and super charger go onto a 98 b18c5 engine. Me and my friend were gonna go halfs on this and he was gonna supercharge his type R and I was gonna keep the engine. Or will this not work, or how can we make it work with the type R.

If i'm not mistaken, most b series parts will fit on other b series engines. So yes, i think the SC would fit a b18c5. Just to be sure check Jackson's website.

As I recall the b16, and B18c5 have the same intake manifold. As do the b18a, b18b, and b20b, and b20z. The b18c has it's own intake manifold, making it the odd b motor. I have been told once that the LS and b16 have similar manifold, but the guy who told me that is often full of shit so I have not put any more thought into that.

what kinda modification, will it be expensive. what about the fuel parts will those work on the type r
cfuz on th ejackson racing web page there are different part #'s for all th eB series motors

the intake bolt pattern is slightly different. i believe 2 bolt holes will need to be made.
also, the blower itself is different. the itr version runs 5.5 psi. the b16 version runs 6. i can't tell you whats different, but theres obviously a difference

Originally posted by wisemansoji@Jan 8 2004, 08:18 PM
is there a way to change the psi on the SC, by modifying it.

I believe what B is talking about is built into the blades as far as the internal design, but usually when you want to increase/decrease PSI on a SC you swap out the crank pulley.

the pulley is what controls psi, but the internals of the units are not the same either...

maybe send a question to jackson's tech support and see if they can give yo more details

Back