Supercharging the H22A...help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EGcivicArmyGuy

Modding my ride from Iraq
Alright...I've owned turbo'd rides since I started driving. Civics, Saabs, you name it. Well, I've decided that I'm going to supercharge the H22A that's going into my '92 Civic LX Sedan. Don't try to convince me otherwise because I'm set on it. The problem is, I've never supercharged before and I would love as much input as I can get on the project. If I need to upgrade internals, what should I get? How do I get more boost from my supercharger? I know that it has something to do with getting a higher psi pulley kit or something like that, but I need to know how to go about getting that. Pretty much, ANY information I can get on supercharging an H22A would be amazing right now because I've never done it before and I don't know anybody who'd done it either. Thanks!

u should nevre get into something u dont know about...u obvisouly dont know much...if u want more boost..build your motor the right way and u will need a high psi kit for any S/C my brother had a 86 toyota corolla SR5 with the MR2 4AGZE motor he had 18psi on the factory S/C

What supercharger do you plan on using? You may have issues even fitting a supercharger into your engine bay if you're running an H22 in a Civic. I know Jackson's blower won't fit an an H22-swapped Accord's engine bay, so I kinda doubt it will fit into a Civic's bay.

I would check up on that before you worry about anything else...

the only one right now is the jackson racing supercharger. but i have seen it before and its have been done this is not my car. i really dont know how in the world he fit that in. all i know that its a tight fit
156.jpg

u should nevre get into something u dont know about...u obvisouly dont know much...if u want more boost..build your motor the right way and u will need a high psi kit for any S/C my brother had a 86 toyota corolla SR5 with the MR2 4AGZE motor he had 18psi on the factory S/C

Who is this guy?! Don't get into something you don't know about?!! I didn't know ANYTHING Hondas before I got into them. My father restores classics and that's all I knew. The only way I got to know about Hondas was by diving into them and learning everything that I could. Also, asking questions helped a lot, which is exactly what I'm doing right now. How much more ignorant can you get? And who gives a damn about your brother?! Enlightening me about your brother with the "sweet"(can you sense the sarcasm?) 4AGZE swap into the Corolla did absolutely nothing for me but solidify that you are quite possibly more of a noob than I. Why don't you stay in your lane and go to a Toyota forum where you can tell everybody about that sick, high psi supercharger your bro has on his Corolla. :)

To everyone without ignorant statements who commented about the blower possibly not fitting in the Civic's engine bay with the H22A stuffed in there, thank you! That's really good to know. I'll probably do some more research and if I find out that it's absolutely impossible then I'll probably go with the B16A and supercharge it since I know for sure that can be done. Thanks again guys! Keep the information comin'!

To everyone without ignorant statements who commented about the blower possibly not fitting in the Civic's engine bay with the H22A stuffed in there, thank you! That's really good to know. I'll probably do some more research and if I find out that it's absolutely impossible then I'll probably go with the B16A and supercharge it since I know for sure that can be done. Thanks again guys! Keep the information comin'!
ok from reading there is a way to do it i have the web site
B17GSR's Garage: You can't do that!

Yes I think so, but on the same coin I think the engine bay is a little bit different. Right?

I mean even if the DC and EG are virtually the same, there was a decent amount of work to get that sucker in there.

Yes I think so, but on the same coin I think the engine bay is a little bit different. Right?

I mean even if the DC and EG are virtually the same, there was a decent amount of work to get that sucker in there.
look at the pic on the top that is a pic if a eg hatch. all you will need is poly monut to keep the motor from rocking and it might just work

OHH. Good call, didn't see that. Yeah, it can be done then lol. My bad.

Back