Supplements

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Started lifting at like 139 lbs, could barely bench press 135.

Now,

163 lbs, bench press approx 275 lbs. (Haven't maxed in a while). w/o ever haven taken steroids.

Alot of my friends are powerlifters, who usually have hit a 1RM of like 400-500lbs, so I listen to their opinions on products too. Most everyone takes creatine.

For not looking like a big guy at all, you put up some high numbers.

I wish I had some kind of benching capabilities....:(

In case any one is wondering, the grapefruit supplement I spoke of is call Citristat.

Liquid, those are very respectable numbers. I have been told and read the same thing as you about the creatine. My best friend and several coworkers are power lifters. They all put up at least 400 lbs, and up to 600. I think they all take creatine. They also usually cycle for weight gain vs. getting cut up. I'm more on the getting cut up stage right now, because the winter is a better time to put on a couple pounds.

My best friend has a Kinesiology degree. He said that creating retains water in the muscles, which allows the muscle to get more energy during a workout. Since you can work out harder, and longer, you gain actual muscle size as a side effect. The creatine swells you, but the workouts make the lasting change.
:shrug2:

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Aug 13 2004, 06:32 PM

[post=376595]Quoted post[/post]​

haha yah man, all it takes is time. That picture actually makes me look alot smaller than I am (pictures most always do). If you commit yourself guaranteed you will be suprised with the results. I'm still not a big guy, but I'm a fuck of a long ways away from benching 135 too :p

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Aug 13 2004, 06:32 PM

[post=376595]Quoted post[/post]​

Small guys dont look big until they flex. He has big arms for his frame.

I've been told this too, but I for having as big as arms i seem to(14" bi's, supposedly decent from what I'm told), can't put up shit for bench...Like 205-215 tops.

I have a 74" arm span if that means anything to you, and I'm only 6' at 160lbs pretty lean.

Back