Supremem Court Dishes out some Justice!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok, you listen to NPR much?
you hear all the interviews of the people coming out of the prisons?
how about all the people that have their homes invaded, then they are sent off to the prisons in the paddy wagons...
or how about the videos i see, of american troops grabbing little boys off the streets and beating the living shit out of them? and the camera man laughing the whole time?

and i have nothing to say about the taliban member going to yale...
wasn't my choice to let him go there and i would be happy to put a bullet in his head...

Bah Kanye West said the National Gaurd were shooting people people in New Orleans because they were black and Bush hated them

so you can see why I don't trust what's considered "reports of what someone once said"

I have not seen any of these videos, I do know that a friend of mine was in Bagdad for 18 months and said he'd see children working with Al Queda from time to time, which wouldn't be the first time if you follow the wars in Africa (SBU's). But combatents are combatents, and unlawful comabatents don't have the same LOAC rights military does. That is because unlawful combatents are exactly that, unlawfull. They have commited war crimes simply by participating, there are good reasons for this.

There are corrupt people everywhere, that includes out military. It's a part of being human unfortunatly.

The difference is America's Government weather Dem or Rep at the time, does not tolerate this where as to the Taliban and the Nazi's it was acceptable

All muslims know of the "horrible things going on at that time" because they endorse it.

Public killings, mutilations, female oppression and the ignoring of basic human rights. they choose not to do anything about it.

They hate America because America has status and wealth that they can't seem to take part of. I have a rich American friend who is Muslim, and he curses the words Bush and "fuck america" like they are commas - all the meanwhile taking advantage of everything the government hands out.

Muslims hate the idea of democracy because it means lack of control. They can have free choice - as long as it is THEIR free choice.

Much like what I see the Democratic party doing everyday. When I saw those monkeys APPLAUD that they had monkeywrenched the Social Security reform in 2005 I understood why Elvis shot his Television. They hooted like Montel Williams audience members and applauded - they applauded not because they countered Bush with a superior plan, but because they blocked his plan from seeing the light of day.

The modern Democratic party is completely insane, unreasonable and selfish. All the while shouting at the top of their lungs how sane, reasonable and selfless they are. They fall back on name calling (What I call "Al Frankening") and they make snide remarks about a Yalie saying things like "Embetterment" yet push to add the word "Romantical" to the dictionary. (Look it up). Scholars, sure.

As far as Conservatives standing up for Bush regardless the cost, look at what Democrats did to Wesley Clark (The guy that almost brought about WWIII), Clinton, Kerry, and any of the Kennedies. Look at how they have turned on Leiberman after his return from Iraq (Our troops are doing the right thing) and then look at the absolutely INSANE antics of Valerie Plame and her husband. Animals, all of them.

I will never refer to an article written by the NY Slimes. They insult my very being.

Quoted post[/post]]

wasn't my choice to let him go there and i would be happy to put a bullet in his head...

You're right. You are far more capable of reasonable thought than I. I concede.

Back to the no recruiters, no fed money topic. We have a local college that has the name "Fighting Sioux." Some people find this name offensive, but they have no problem accepting free tuition because they are 1/16th Native American. We should do the same thing that the gov't did.

Also, I agree that 99.99% of the military would never treat anyone like the Iraq prison scandal, but how can we look at a few people and generalize the rest. I am sure my friend would love to tell you why he would never do these things, but he is currently in a coma, with shrapnel in his abdomen, and will probobly lose his leg from getting hit with an IED. He VOLUNTEERED for service, also. Walked right into the office, no phone calls.

I think that we should copy some to the European countries and have mandatory military service for 2-3 years. It would certainly help the obesity epidemic.

I've come to the conclusion that 90% of the people on this site are complete fanatics that are incapable of having a rational discussion because they are incapable of seeing the other side's point of view.

Take Silverchild for example - by deducing from his posts (whether this is conscious or not), anyone whose stance is more left-wing than his is automatically treated like an "unamerican", blaspheming, dirty commie liberal.

Steve is the same way.

People like recked and Blanco are definitely more left-wing than them, but it's hard to gauge just how far.

Personally, I'd like to think I'm neither right or left wing, because being on either side leads to complete idiocy.

Quoted post[/post]]Well it took a day but finally someone decided to touch what I said, let me see if I can help complete the details
So lets see if I can actually fill in the gaps :p I know this thread has exploded, but I figure I owe Silverchild the respect he's given me :cool: .

Quoted post[/post]]Rahmatullah's education is being fully paid for by the "International Education Foundation" which was founded by Mike Hoover, who admittedly had pre 911 ties to the Taliban. Hoover was even in negotiations with the Taliban to interview Bin Laden when the planes struck the towers
What kind of ties are these? Terrorist ties? or journalistic ties. Ever seen "Live from Baghdad" starring Michael 'Batman' Keaton? He plays a cnn journalist who covers Iraq just before the first attacks on Baghdad. And he had close ties to the Iraqi Foreign Minister. Does that insinuate he supported Saddam? Do your comments insinuate Hoover's position on Taliban/terrorism? I especially like the "Bin Laden when planes attack" line. It seems sooooo pertinent since any journalist would have loved to interview Bin Laden from before 2000 till now.

Quoted post[/post]]Rahmatullah goes up for review for degree status in April or May, and is expected to pass. While Yale will not allow ROTC due to discrimination against gays, apparently they have no problem with a man who was once in an organization that would cut of a woman's hand if she wore nail polish.

Which brings me to his Taliban affiliation. While the Taliban did not pay for his 2001 trip he was a full member of the Taliban where he worked as a spokesman and apologist after we kicked their asses.
The attacks on Afghanistan began Oct 7th 2001, he visited the US in May/June of 2001 (somewhere in there, but much before 9/11)--> so he wasn't apologetic after we kicked their ass, but before. After 9/11, he did manage to get his family to the edge of Afghanistan/Pakistan border. He left the Taliban and then cleared his name with US officials in 2004, later receiving his student-visa from the state department. And I haven't really said anything about the military thing yet. I do admire someone bringing attention to the military's discrimination, but I know the recruters aren't that bad. Also, anyone who wants to be in the ROTC or military should be able to without so much trouble.

Quoted post[/post]]As he was an active, productive member of the Taliban party I would not equate him to a German Soldier in WWII but rather an active productive member of the Nazi party. Someone like that DOES share in the responsibility for the crimes against humanity committed by the government they were working for.
While he might be indicted, he would most likely be cleared of any charges. Rahmatullah has regrets, and doesn't seem too fond of the extreme methods of the "Vice and Virtue" office of the Taliban that dealt with the floggings, beheadings, etc. Hopefully we can learn to call him the ex-Taliban member who has helped us understand the Middle-east, instead of the Taliban in our midst.

Quoted post[/post]]The only facts I have left to un-earth are Why Yale would allow anyone with a 4th grade education and a GED in regardless of political affiliation, and lastly why have the other members of Mr. Hoover's "foundation" chosen to remain anonymous?
Why would Yale let him in? Ask him or the dean. They thought he was smart enough to get in, and he seems to be doing well (3.33 GPA so far).
What other anonymous member of his "foundation"? Where do these claims come from? I have found little information on this foundation, you seem to know more than me.

Lastly, you have to have sympathy and perspective. The history of Afghanistan helps. They go from war with USSR, to fighting warlords, to a "peaceful" Taliban. While they were still a fundamentalist muslim regime(w/crimes and punishments), there weren't any gang members with AK's and rocket launchers walking everwhere. Foreign journalists got around much safer during the Taliban. They changed from civil war to the 'modern' muslim country, like Iran/Iraq/etc. That's quite an improvement for a wartorn country after like 15 years. The thousands of landmines still remind them of the past. Hopefully they can move further ahead, faster then we expect them to.

Quoted post[/post]]

Our brothers and sisters serving in the armed forces, all of them, even the recruiters, represent the best of who we are as Americans. And when you see them you should thank them, and be happy that they are alive to receive your thanks..

Quoted post[/post]]

There are corrupt people everywhere, that includes out military. It's a part of being human unfortunatly.

i'm glad you corrected yourself. this only goes to show that blanket statements just don't work.

Back